Golf hitting mats are used to practice your game from the comfort of your home. The best golf mat will simulate the conditions of a real golf range as they help you smash ball after ball thereby giving you a feel of being in a golf course
You may have a lawn, backyard or living area that you may want to use to create your own golf studio – these golf practice mats are considered as an investment as they help create an awesome environment for you to play on which is similar to your golf course. They also help you save a lot of costs in your range sessions as many users of these mats love the fact they can hit whenever they want without having to drive to a golf range. Lets have a look at the various various best golf mats along with their reviews
Table of Contents
- Best Golf Mat – Comparison Table
- Top 7 Best Golf Mat Reviews
- Best Golf Mat – Buying Guide
Best Golf Mat – Comparison Table
|[azrev_link_img asins="B0048GIWDO"]||Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat||2 inch||Long Dense Fiber System||[azrev_link_button asin="B0048GIWDO" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B007XW6264"]||SuperMat XL Tee Golf Turf||1.125 inch||Spring crimped nylon||[azrev_link_button asin="B007XW6264" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B072BZ87D4"]||PGM 6060 Emerald Par Golf Mat||0.5 inch||Woven Nylon||[azrev_link_button asin="B072BZ87D4" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B002CXMT7K"]||FairwayPro Divot Simulator Golf Mat||Not Available||Fine Material||[azrev_link_button asin="B002CXMT7K" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B002WOSOAA"]||Dura-Pro Plus Golf Hitting Mat||0.625 inch||High Quality Nylon||[azrev_link_button asin="B002WOSOAA" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00VGQYIGY"]||Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack||Rough Turf - 1.35 inch|
Tee Turf - 1.35 inch
Fairway Turf - 0.625 inch
|Fine Material||[azrev_link_button asin="B00VGQYIGY" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B002CACMR0"]||Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat||Not Available||Fine Material||[azrev_link_button asin="B002CACMR0" text="Check Price"]|
Top 7 Best Golf Mat Reviews
1. Country Club Elite Real Feel Golf Mat[azrev_img_box asin=”B0048GIWDO” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B0048GIWDO” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]Are you looking for the best golf hitting mat? The CCE Real Feel gives you a feel of a ‘real turf’. This mat soaks up the head of the club rather than resisting it giving you a feel of playing in real grass. With most other mats, your club will simply bounce off the surface, but with the Country Club Elite, your club will be able to sink down into and through the turf (just like real grass). This actually simulates the results you would get in a natural turf
The turf is so deep on the mat that you can easily stick a real tee anywhere on the mat. And one of the great things is that you can adjust the tee according to your height
Starting at $177 for the portable two-piece mat, the Real Feel comes in a range of sizes and prices. Most players setting up an indoor or backyard golf range will find that the 5′ x 5′ ($499) or 4′ x 4′ ($319) versions are more than sufficient. One of the best features of the Real Feel, after its fiber system, is the sturdiness of the unit which will last you for many years which totally justifies the cost of these mats. This is definitely a heavy duty product and consumers have praised the durability of the playing surface, even after sustained and prolonged use.
2. SuperMat XL Tee Golf Turf[azrev_img_box asin=”B007XW6264″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B007XW6264″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The SuperMat XL Tee Golf Turf operates in a similar fashion to the Real Feel Golf Mat using dense fibers, termed ‘spring crimped nylon’, to create a cushion that reduces clubhead bounce and minimizes impact stress on the body.
The surface material of this mat is made of 100% spring crimped nylon, which gives it a very real hitting sensation
The Monster Tee has a thin urethane underside which reduces it to almost half the weight of its equivalent size in the Country Club Real Feel range. The mat is 1.125 thick and utilizes a urethane backing to absorb shock. The Monster Tee Golf Turf will also accept a real golf tee removing the necessity to hit from a predetermined height.
3. PGM 6060 Emerald Par Golf Mat
In order to hit your driver off of this mat you will need to utilize the 2 inch rubber tee that gets threaded through the underside of the hitting mat. This mat is made in the USA so you can trust that it was built with the highest quality standards in mind.
4. FairwayPro Divot Simulator Golf Mat[azrev_img_box asin=”B002CXMT7K” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B002CXMT7K” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The FairwayPro is one of a kind golf mat system that reacts when it’s impacted by a golf club, sliding forward and giving way, just like real grass does. It has a sliding turf surface that allows golfers to hit down-and-through and compress the ball
Unlike conventional mats, when you hit behind the ball the club head may still bounce off the hard surface and slide into the ball, and the ball takes off as if you’ve executed a good hit. So you don’t get correct feedback on a fat shot from ball flight; you have to rely on the shock you experience
With FairwayPro, you’ll know if you’ve hit a fat shot because the impact will cause the turf surface to start sliding forward and the club head will hit the ball with much less force. The result is, you get true feedback on a fat shot from the loss of distance, not from the shock to your body
FairwayPro is ideal for short game practice, including punch and flop shots
Using the FairwayPro reduces shock and injury caused by range mats because the turf tray slides forward when impacted by the club, thus reducing shock to golfer’s body and the potential for injury while also delivering a more grass-like experience.
The mat is made from German-made stainless-steel springs that are rated for 1 million cycles. The handle and panel assembly is reversible for left-handed golfers, and the premium turf is replaceable.
5. Golf Mat 4′ x 5′ Dura-Pro Plus Residential Golf Hitting Mat[azrev_img_box asin=”B002WOSOAA” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B002WOSOAA” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]Being the in market since 1997, this 4′ x 5′ golf hitting mat from Dura - pro is a multipurpose mat that can be used indoor as well outdoors. The turf is made from high quality Nylon that makes it 30% thicker and dense than other mats in the market. This golf mat from Dura Pro is protected by eight year UV protection plan
The durable pro golf mats go through an intensive manufacturing process that involves thermal welding and industrial bonding which prevents any form of delamination. While other mats are glued together and break apart in weeks, this mat is forged to last for years to come
Being 5/8″ inch in thickness, the mat easily absorbs club shock to prevent any impact on your hands.
As an added bonus, the company is offering free golf ball tray, golf balls and golf tees along with purchase of this golf hitting mat – which makes it an ever sweeter deal.
6. Rukket Tri-Turf Golf Hitting Mat Attack[azrev_img_box asin=”B00VGQYIGY” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00VGQYIGY” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The Tri-Turf golf hitting mat features three types of turf to help you get better results on course. The set consists of a Tee Turf, Rough Turf and Fairway Turf. The golf hitting mat can easily accommodate a real golf tee to practice your driver and woods.
The total mat size is 40 x 62 cm, with 16mm fairway turf, 35mm rough turf, 35mm tee turf. Many users have stressed on the fact the mat retains its original feel and look even after taking 400 – 1000 total swings. The 2mm rubber base provides weight and durability to the mat for long and continued use. The grass is soft and forgiving on your clubs. It leaves no residue on the clubs
The portability and ease of storing this golf hitting mat is great. Can be carried around wherever you want and can easily be placed back in the sturdy box which it originally came in.
7. Callaway FT Launch Zone Hitting Mat
The mat measures 16 x 8 x 1 inches and has a true-turf surface that simulates hitting off a real fairway
The tough rubber underside is heavy enough to prevent the mat from sliding around while hitting your shots. It is definitely an ergonomic mat, for the side of the mat that is on the path of the downswing, it is sloped so that you minimize the risk of smacking the side with your driver
The mat is not really very large in size but can accommodate all your different clubs. Since there are many users complaining about the size once purchased, a recommendation from our end would be to view picture above, it shows the size of the mat and they have included a golf ball for reference, so that you can an idea of scale.
Best Golf Mat – Buying Guide
- Good Quality Synthetic Grass: Look for one that is made of a good quality synthetic grass to replicate a fairway
- Large Mats: In an ideal scenario, your feet should stay at the same level as the hitting service. There are many smaller products in the marketplace where the players feet are not on the playing surface and are slightly below the level of the ball, and we all know how just a few millimeters can make a big difference in the quality of the strike on a golf ball
- Design: For the best golf mat you want a backing that will keep it in place on a hard surface. A sloped edge is also good as minimizes impact on your club should you hit the edge
- Performance and Life of a Mat: Along with giving you exceptional performance, golf hitting mats should last you for a reasonable amount of time. You do not want to purchase a mat and see it wear off after a few smashes
- Tees: Ideally you want driving range mats that lets you replace the tees. As you know, tees break. Or perhaps you just want to use a higher or lower tee. This allows you to increase your practice range.
- Price: There are golf hitting mats ranging from $25 – $600 in the marketplace. You need to decide according to your budget and your level of play at the range sessions. Let’s take an example where you purchase a mat worth $400, a large bucket of ball at the range session is 11 dollars. If you love golf, you would hit at least 1x a week. That’s 44 dollars a month. You get your money back in 16 months. If you hit 2x a week, then its 8 months. Think of the money and time saved for driving to the range as well