This can get really very uncomfortable and will only diminish your game and cost you strokes at the end of the day. Realizing this fact, many shoe companies like Nike, Adidas, Footjoy etc have launched their range of waterproof golf shoes. These shoes are designed to stay dry during wet conditions and do not slip or slide on wet grass. With the multitude of options in golf shoes these days, figuring out which ones are best for you can be a daunting task, especially if you are new to the game.
Lookout for these factors while buying Golf Shoes
- Frequency of play – This should probably be the deciding factor on the amount you want to spend on your golf shoes. If you play only 4 times a year, it does not make sense to shell out a lot of money on your shoe. A frequent player should invest in a good shoe as you will end up spending a lot of time in them and eventually you want to feel comfortable during your game and look good as well.
- Material – Most of the golf shoes are available in leather or synthetic. The better the quality of the leather the higher the price. A shoe made of top quality leather will end up molding to your feet easily and definitely cost you a bomb. Do remember that the material will impact the performance and durability of the shoe.
- Waterproof Warranty – Golf shoes range from water-resistant, which means there is no waterproof warranty, to shoes having a two-year waterproof guarantee. Again, the more waterproof warranty you opt for, the more expensive the golf shoes will be. Obviously, if youre a dew sweeper and play a lot of golf in the morning, it is most wise to go for the golf shoes that carry a two-year waterproof warranty. Most of these shoes will stay waterproof for longer if you take good care of them.
Below, you have reviews of the best waterproof golf shoes available in the market based on the styling, performance, looks and pricing
Top 5 Best Waterproof Golf Shoes
1. Men’s Footjoy DNA DryJoy Golf Shoes
- PERFORMANCE LEATHER: ChromoSkin� leather, developed by Pittards� of England, is a supple, lightweight and durable leather, offering two year waterproof protection.
- ATHLETIC DESIGN: The SnugFit tongue with MicroVent� technology shapes to the foot while providing breathability. A 3D FoamCollar� molds to the ankle for unsurpassed support, comfort and fit.
- EXTREME COMFORT: The lightweight cushioned Fine Tuned Foam (FTF) fit-bed provides optimum underfoot comfort and heel support.
- SUPERIOR TRACTION: The NitroThin� TPU outsole provides lightweight stability and performance. Stealth Cleats by Softspikes help to achieve a low profile while the thinner spec receptacles ensure...
The Footjoy’s Dryjoys Next Advancement (DNA) are made of full grain waterproof Chromoskin leather supple to provide you complete protection in the wet conditions that you may play in. These shoes come with a 2 years full waterproof warranty.
These footjoys have been designed keeping your comfort in mind. The ankle collar that goes around your heel is made of a soft foam to ensure that you do not face any ankle issues during your play. Since the shoes are made from pure leather, the tongue of the shoe is really very durable and tongue does not really fold up or bend towards one side. The SnugFit tongue advanced design shapes to the foot and the MicroVent technology ensures that you have breathability from the tongue – so no warm feet days for sure!
The spikes on the Nitrothin TPU sole are on the edge of the shoe and these offer you superior traction, balance, grip and everything that you need to give the confidence to play that perfect shot. The DNA insert has massive padding on the heel which provides for increased cushion and support to ensure that you can play 18 holes without feeling the weight of shoe.
These come in a few colorways and have excellent styling so that you can choose the one that suits your requirement. Price at around $100, these shoes are not too heavy on the pocket.
2. Skechers Performance Men’s Go Golf Pro Golf Shoe
The Skechers Men’s golf pro shoe is the official shoe of pro golfer Matt Kuchar. The shoe has a smooth premium upper leather and comes a with seamless waterproof seal that keeps moisture out from your feet. It comes with a limited 1 year waterproof warranty. They’re created by Skechers with an intention of combining fashion and function into one great shoe.
The padded ankle support ensures that you do not feel any pain while walking around the 18 hole golf course. The shoes are lightweight and definitely comfortable. The tongue is cushioned which is good for your the comfort of your toes.
The sole comes with soft replaceable spikes that are definitely durable and will last you for many years to come. These spikes give you the grip that you need to ensure a good run on the course.
From a styling point of view, Skechers has done an awesome job on this shoe. They are are available in a variety of unique colorways, so, if you want to stand out a bit from the crowd, then these may be perfect for you.
3. Ashworth Mens Cardiff ADC Leather Golf Shoes
- Rich and soft tumbled leather upper
- EVA midsole
- PU Sockliner
- Full-length cushioning
If comfort is your priority above all else from a golf shoe, the Cardiff all day comfort shoes should definitely be the one on your list. You can be rest assured that this shoe from Ashworth lives up to its name.
These shoes are made from high quality leather material which is a good thing as they tend to last longer in comparison to their counterparts. The wide design with an enhanced forefoot allows more toe room making it extremely comfortable.
A PU sockliner and EVA midsole combined together gives an awesome feel overall and makes walking along the course a total breeze.
Surprisingly, the spikeless sole offers superior traction on course even on rough and uneven surfaces. The shoe comes with a 2 year waterproof warranty and the mesh prevents any water from entering the shoe from the forefoot.
The only downside is breathability. Since the shoe is made up of leather and completely covered, you will not have air-flow to your feet making it warm inside during soring temperatures. You may want to try a light sock to beat the heat.
This shoe is available in a variety of colors like white, navy, grey and brown.
4. Adidas Men’s Pure 360 Gripmore Sport Golf Shoe
- Spikeless golf shoe in ultra-lightweight design featuring 360 degree wrap stability and ClimaProof weather protection
These shoes may look like a traditional cross-trainer or running shoe, but actually are a pair of very lightweight golf shoes from Adidas. This means that you will feel less tired walking around the 18 hole golf course.
These shoes come with a 2 year waterproof warranty and the upper part is made from an imported textile and a coating of an ultra lightweight mesh for superior climate protection. This means that you will not face any issues while walking around in the dew or playing in the rain.
The rubber sole is spikeless with 24 gripmore cheats that offers rock solid grip on the course in any weather condition. You will definitely not have any slips in the tee-box or in the rough and sand. The shoes provide a nice stable platform which means there is no chance of losing your balance when you drive the ball.
Although they look narrow, these shoes fit and feel quite comfortable. They come in a few different color ways like white, black and blue so you can pick the one that suits your style.
5. Nike Golf Men’s Air Rival III Golf Shoe
- Lace-up upper with padded tongue and collar for support and comfort
- Encapsulated NIKE Air in heel
- NIKE Power platform
If you want stability during play in the wet season, you gotta get the Nike Golf Men Air Rival III golf shoe for yourself. These shoes are made from synthetic water resistant leather that comes with limited 1 year waterproof warranty.
These shoes come with a full length embedded sockliner and is made from the Nike Power Platform that offers you support, comfort and traction giving you total control during your play. The sole offers a mix of rubber and replacement Scorpion Stinger Tri-LOK spikes system for added grip during your play on wet grass.
The styling is just excellent and the pores on the shoe ensure that there is enough room for air to enter so that you’re do not get warm during play
Comes in a variety of colors, but we personally think the combination of black/white/iron ore does a great job at matching with most of the outfits that you may wear.
We seriously hope you enjoyed reading about the best waterproof golf shoes as much as we enjoyed writing about it. Happy golfing!