Are you looking to find the best putting mat?
Putting is one of the most important aspects of your game. It is also one area that needs a little extra attention for most golfers. Like all things, it can be improved only with regular practice. An indoor putting green will help you practice your put at any given point in time.
Having a putting mat at home allows you to work on your stance and technique whenever you have a few free minutes to help your game steadily improve. This is the best way to improve your game. It also can be used to pass time during the winter or play golf when the club is closed.
But the most important reason, if you can practice your put for 10-20 minutes a day – you will see drastic improvements in your game. To sneak in practice time, you should opt to get that indoor putting green or putting mat. In addition to that, it helps you save a lot of money as it is much cheaper to practice your puts at home with the best putting green and a putter instead of paying for the golf course every-time you practice.
Our top 3 picks for the best putting mat
Best putting mats for your money’s worth
1. Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green
- Manufactured from PET resin
- Manufactured in the USA
- Kidney shaped practice putting green
- High quality putting surface stays smooth
This indoor putting green is a fantastic piece of equipment which gets the job done. It’s the perfect size to fit in any living room and roll some putts while you watch your favorite TV show. We have stored the mat in the original box it arrived and every time we have rolled it out for use – it rolls perfectly flat every time.
The mat does measure 9 feet in total length, though the longest putt possible is about 7.5 feet from the center hole. The mat is pretty wide too and comes with 3 practice holes. Overall, the entire putting area is slightly smaller than 9 feet (8 feet 6 inches to be specific) and almost 3 feet in width.
This mat is high quality, runs well, and has a non slip backing so it doesn’t slide around on tile floors. The foam insert is giving gives an elevation of about 1 inch, which can make putting a challenge and realistic. It does not come with a ball return mechanism.
Many users have also reported some issues with bumps on their green when they first got it but this sorts itself out after playing for some time. In case, it doesn’t then you can manually fixing by flattening it out by hand. Overall, its a great putting mat to improve your put at home or office and convenient to store.
2. SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return
- 9-foot indoor putting green with continuous automatic ball return for developing accuracy and control
- Squaring and alignment guides at 3, 5, and 7 feet help promote consistency in every aspect of putting motion
- Continuous automatic ball return allows for uninterrupted training
- True-roll surface and upslope at the cup emulate putts found on actual greens
This indoor putting green is actually fairly thick and feels of good quality. The putting surface is a thicker, higher quality composite that lays down more easily without the rippling seen in the older model
The lines on the mat are ironically simple, but incredibly useful as it lets you practice your shot at all kinds of distances. It can be used to tell you how far to go back and then forward when putting a certain distance, and it is fun to use.
The most important aspect of this product is the ball return feature, which means you do not need to fetch the ball after every shot, it automatically returns the ball to the 7 foot mark where you would generally stand. This is big advantage if you’re going to be putting for long hours because you will be taking a lot of shots. Having the ball return back to you after every shot will save you a ton of time.
The SKLZ is designed to emulate actual putting conditions, the Accelerator Pro features a gentle up slope at the cup so you practice accelerating through the ball.
3. VariSpeed Putting System
- ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS – Choose from 4 Stimp tested speeds ranging from 7.5-13 on one indoor putting green
- VISIBLE BALL TRACES – Evaluate every putt by being able to see the exact path of your ball
- CUSTOM BREAKS – With the included adjustable break wedge you can set up realistic break conditions
- SMART GUIDELINES – Allow for you to perfect your putt and enable several fun games to be played
The Varispeed putting system is made from 100% polyester and is completely different when compared to some other putting mats we have on this list. As the name says it, you can vary the speed of your putt as required – VariSpeed’s unique fibers allow you to adjust the speed of the green in seconds. Choose from 4 different speeds by simply brushing the mat in either direction with the supplied roller brush. By brushing the green in a particular direction we can control its speed from between 7.5-13 stimps. Any experienced putter you can easily tell the difference between the 11 and 13 stimps but even a novice will be able to notice the change in speed between 7.5 and 13
Another interesting about this indoor putting green is that your ball creates a visible trace which allows you to carefully analyze the path of every putt to perfect your technique. This can be a great feature for those who love to analyze their technique. The ball traces can be quickly erased using supplier roller brush.
And finally, if you’ve wanted a green which allows you to practice shots with a custom elevation. You can do that too!. The varispeed has a wedge which can be easily slid under the mat. You can use this wedge to create custom elevations giving you are great opportunity to simulate real-world conditions.
4. SHAUN WEBB Signature Putting Green Indoor Mat
- IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT: The real reason why you're not getting better at golf is your short game. Around 36 of the strokes in a round of par 72 golf are putts. So, 40% - 50% of the game is all about...
- THE BIG GUYS DON'T MAKE IT EASIER EITHER: With so many other putting greens being pushed hard by big brands with deep pockets, it's virtually impossible for you to pick the right one. So, let me ask...
- THIS IS HOW THE LITTLE GUY GETS AHEAD: We know it may be hard to hit the golf course 2-3 times every week, but unless you have the right golf training aid to practice your putting you'll be left...
- IS REALLY OUR PRODUCT YOUR BEST CHOICE? If you are the type of golfer that's looking for the perfect putting experience, this mat has your name on it. Our buttery smooth surface is the closest thing...
Shaun is currently the Director of Instruction at the David Toms 265 Golf Academy in Shreveport, La. In addition to coaching Toms on the PGA Tour, he has worked with more than 20 other tour players, and have helped dozens of competitive junior golfers earn Division I scholarships. He developed his own indoor putting green to help golfers improve their put from the comfort of their home.
This indoor putting mat which measure 9 x 3 feet in size is designed to give a real world feel. It has a slight uphill elevation adding texture and a natural golf course feel to this mat.
This indoor putting green comes with 3 holes that allows you to practice your put from different angles of the mat. The material definitely gives a premium feel when compared to other mats in the market. The high-end rubber backing is thicker than the average putting mat ensuring no problems with footprints or creases knocking your ball off-line.
The price point is justified by the quality and materials used to make the product
5. FORB Home Golf Putting Mats
- PREMIUM INDOOR PUTTING GREEN – These deluxe FORB Golf Mats are available in two lengths; 10ft or 12ft. The practice putting green is an excellent putting aid to work on your golf putting and skills...
- GOLF GREEN-LIKE CHARACTERISTICS – The high-quality non-crease polyester putting surface combines with the 50mm EVA foam base for a smooth real-green feel with every putt. The holes sit on an incline...
- USE ON ANY FLAT SURFACE – The golf putting mat can be used on any flat surface. It is suitable to use the FORB putting mats indoor or outdoor. The high-quality base allows for a true roll on any...
- PERFECT YOUR PUTTING – Coming with 3x holes and a 2inch incline, these premium golf putting mats will put your short game to the ultimate test. The golf mats for home use roll away for simple...
This indoor putting mat is available in 2 sizes; 10 and 12 feet. The mat comes with 3 holes much like Shaun Webb’s mat. Putts start out rolling on the flat surface before heading up-slope to the 3 hole cutouts thanks to the 50mm foam raised incline that allows you to test your putting accuracy and speed.
This mat is made from premium anti-crease polyester to provide a consistent green-like performance and avoid the problems of creasing which you generally face with other mats. On a lighter note, the amazing quality, sturdiness is equipped to handle even a 120 lb dog who thinks it’s a rug in the off time it’s not in use.
The rollaway design helps in storage and portability. The company is known for excellent customer service and fast delivery.
6. 77tech Golf Putting Green System
- High quality Golf putting Green surface designed to stay smooth.Easy to clean, life of up to 5-8 years with good care.
- The premium back will eliminate folds and creases in the putting green surface. This putting mat is ideal for indoor and outdoor residential or office use.
- 10mm Synthetic Grass 35mm two Tone Grass 10mm thickness Rubber Foam base
- Product uses: EVA high elastic back of the plastic, short grass greens 1cm / border 4cm long grass
This is a high end premium indoor putting green if you’re ready to burn a hole in your pocket. The putting surface is 10mm synthetic grass with a 35mm outer edge of two tone synthetic grass for light chipping practice. Multiple holes to help you practice from different distances and breaks.
Built with a rubber foam base, the backing on this putting green helps keep the turf side smooth and wrinkle free. The putting cup is made from stainless steel making a sound of crisp thump when the ball enters, giving a feel of the real world.
The putting green comes in various sizes, for you to choose from. The cylindrical drainage rubber bottom ensures that the mat can be placed directly on the surface of mud, grassland, cement and asphalt.
7. PROADVANCED ProInfinity Putting Mat
- 🏌【ADJUSTABLE SPEEDS】Choose from 4 Stimp tested speeds ranging from 8-12.5 on one indoor putting green.
- 🏌【SLOPE SIMULATION SYSTEM】Two Multi-angle Slope Simulators, with 5 changeable slope types plus 6 extra foam wedges, allow you to customize your green in any way you like!
- 🏌【VISIBLE BALL TRACES】Evaluate every putt by being able to see the exact path of your ball. Perfect Your Distance & Direction Control on 25 Training Bands and your Alignment with built-in...
- 🏌【SUPERIOR QUALITY】Top Level Polyester Material and 100% Eco-friendly. It unrolls flat and rolls up smoothly all the time with long-lasting durability. The anti-slippery material on the bottom...
The Proinfinity putting mat comes with a lot of features for the those looking for serious training. The mat is made from A class polyester material and 100% Eco-friendly. The durable backing material that guarantees the mat unrolls flat and rolls up smooth all the time with long-lasting durability.
In terms of speed, the mat can be adjusted for four different stimp speeds from 8 to 12.5, this helps you adapt to any course environment. Another interesting thing is that that your ball creates a visible trace which allows you to carefully analyze the path of every putt to perfect your technique.
Its designed very uniquely when compared to other mats, as it comes with a lot of add on equipment that helps you create your own green in multiple ways. Along with the metal golf goal, slope simulators and movable foam wedges you can design your own course which will ensure to keep you hooked on and you will never find putting to be boring ever.
Comes with a 24 pages guide book written by a professional golf coach, you can quickly improve your putting skills to master level.
Add on equipment to make your own course:
- 6x M1x Four Speed Putting Mat With Ball Tracing System
- 4x Movable Foam Wedges
- 1x Silicon Hole Cup
- 1x ProFree Metal Hole-Basket-Goal
- 2x Slope Creators (1 Large & 1 Small)
- 1x Ball Backstop
- 1x Ball Trace Eraser Brush Bar
- 1x Training & Games Book
Overall Great quality product with outstanding useable features. A real need for anyone who wants to improve their golf game and practice different swings at the comfort of your home.
8. Big Moss Augusta Putting Green
- Year round putting and chipping green
- Portable and easy set up
- True roll downgrain
- Create unlimited contours
The Augusta from the company Big Moss is a huge putting mat with a great size of 4 x 12 feet. This can be used to practice your long puts without bumping up against the walls. Just like all Big Moss products it is handcrafted in the United States with the finest materials used in its own proprietary process.
The great thing about this product is that it will lie completely flat on the ground without any creases when you unroll the mat. The turf is wrinkle-free and designed to look and feel real as if it was freshly-cut and bent. There is a down grain built right in straight both holes.
It comes with a break snake which is a piece of foam that you can place under the mat so that you can create an endless number of contours. This will increase your skill level and not leave you with the same old boring shot over and over again. Given that most putts aren’t going to be just flat, it makes sense to practice these breakers.
It is a little more expensive than other brands, but you will know where your extra bucks went when you lay it down for the first time.
9. PuttOut Pro Golf Putting Mat
- For any golfer a home putting set-up is an essential training tool, and the PuttOUT Putting Mat makes practice enjoyable, effective and easy to fit into your day wherever you are.
- Constructed with a durable, heavy-rubber backing to allow the mat to lie smooth and flat on any surface, easily roll the mat away and into the compact carry bag for practice on the go.
- The high quality cut-pile surface is designed to accurately replicate a medium-to-fast green, with a stimpmeter reading of 10.
- You'll love the printed alignment guides, target points and distance markings which allow you to practice with just a putter and a ball. Use the instructional markings and 5 included drills to help...
The PuttOut Pro golf putting mat has been designed and manufactured with a lot of thought. Speed is always a major concern with a product like this, and to hit the broadest margin of comfort the PuttOut runs at a 10 on the stimp-meter which will settle itself right in the middle of fast and slow for most golfers. Comes with a heavy TPR rubber backing to allow the mat to lie smooth and flat on any surface, easily roll the mat away and into the compact carry bag for practice on the go.
This indoor putting green is available in blue and grey colors and measures just under 8-feet (7.87 feet) in length and 2-feet (1.64 feet) in width.
The printed alignment guides, target points and distance markings which allow you to practice with just a putter and a ball. Use the instructional markings and 5 included drills to help develop your game and improve your confidence when putting under pressure
Portability is a big factor for this indoor green. The mat comes in a handy carrying bag which has a dense cylinder of cardboard that the mat is placed in after rolling up before it is then placed in the aforementioned bag.
Overall and excellent purchase for the price and best when combined with the Puttout Pressure Putt Trainer
10. Asgens Golf Putting Green
- Auto return design: According to the test, more than 95% of the balls rebounded to the trace that should be bounced out. You don't have to fetch the ball repeatedly so that you can save time...
- High quality & Material: Our golf mat is made of Grade-A grass for a realistic playing experience to ensure instinctual shots. It's of high quality and environmental and it has no smell. Feel...
- Balls included:Our best indoor putting mat set comes with 3 bonus practice balls so that you don't need to buy extra accessories, gadgets, or equipment. Plus, it's easy to assemble design means...
- Perfect gift:It is a Perfect gift for Father's day or a birthday to someone who loves golf. It fits for all beginners or experienced golf lovers.This golf putting mat is an ideal choice for...
The golf mat A grass for a realistic playing experience to ensure instinctual shots. The green on these trainer mat feels pretty soft like any high quality turf grass. It is very easy to assemble as well. It has an up-slope at the cup and true-roll surface emulate putts found on actual greens. Comes with two holes, one regulation sized hold (3″) and one small hole (2″) to test your skills. The double color grass gives it a more realistic feel.
Like a few other mats, comes with a ball return system which works surprisingly well to help you focus on the game. The base is 10cm thickness gives it a very premium feel. The length of the mat measures 11.8 inch and a width size of 11.8 inch
The product comes with a 365 day warranty and has an excellent customer service.
Things to look out for before buying a putting mat
Size – You will need to select a indoor green based on the space available to play. Before you buy the mat, you must ensure that you are clear of the spot where you plan to place the mat and after that based on the dimensions – go ahead with the purchase
True Roll – This is a feature in some of the mats where you can control the stimp speed. The “stimp” or “stimp rating” of a putting green is a numerical value that represents how fast the golf ball rolls on the putting surface, which matches the real life feel.
Durability – You would definitely want look out for long term use and value from your indoor putting green. You must look out for material from which the mat is made from, it will add to the long life of the product. PET is good material that goes in most of these mats.
Quality – Don’t compromise the quality of your mat for a few bucks. This factor is directly proportional to the cost of the product.
Extra Features – There are mats that offer a lot of extra features that you may be interested in. For ex, ball return feature is one that may be useful as you do not want to end up picking up your ball all the time. You should look out for these before you decide to purchase one
Brand – Even if you end up paying a few bucks more, its always good to opt for a reputed brand. We’ve done this for you by listing all 10 mats that have created a name for themselves in the market
Best Putting Mat: Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Improve my game using a Putting Green?
It’s the rule of life, any kind of practice is going to show up when you play your game. The more you practice your putt, the better you will be in the real world
Its not feasible to visit a golf course to practice your putt or game, a indoor putting green definitely helps in this case.