Did you know that the putter is the most important club in your bag. Although a massive amount of attention is given on getting the correct putter shaft length and better heads, a good putter grip goes a very long way in improving your putt. Better putting starts with the right putting grip.
A very simple, cheap, and often overlooked way to improve your putting is to replace your putter grip. There are different types of putter grips (fat, slim) and you will need to select one based on your personal preferences. The best putter grip should allow you to feel more balanced and comfortable during your putting lessons and more in control when standing over a putt. Below is our look at some of the best available choices on the market.
5 Best Putter Grip – Incase youre in a rush
5 Best Putter Grip Reviews
1. Superstroke Fatso 5.0 Putter Grip
- SUPERIOR GRIP - The Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 Putter Grip is 1.67" in Diameter and is Made of a Tacky Polyurethane Outer Layer
- NO TAPER - Exclusive Super Stroke Technology Used in the Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 Putter Grip for a More Consistent Stroke During Rounds of Golf
- NON-SLIP GRIP - The CROSS-TRACTION Surface Texture Prevents the Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 Putter Grip User's Hands From Slipping During Increment Weather Conditions
- LIGHTWEIGHT GRIP - The Super Stroke Fatso 5.0 Putter Grip Is Made of EVA Foam Which Gives Your Putter A Lightweight Grip for A Maximum Feel
Fat grip putters are becoming very popular with golfers of all abilities. A fat grip putter helps you grip the putter more gently and allows you to change the placement of your hands on the grip. It helps you maintain control over the club from top to bottom.
The SuperStroke Fatso is one of the largest “fat” grips around in the market. It is 1.67″ inch in diameter and 10.50″ inches in length. Its large diameter and no-taper grip design encourages an even grip pressure. This ergonomic structure decreases tension and promotes stability in the wrists which allows you to give your club a full swing. The Fatso grip is available in multiple colors, and will definitely help reduce unwanted wrist action in your putts. This solid putter grip is comfortable and will improve any golfer’s score
2. Odyssey Putter Grip
- tactile construction material
- semi-pistol shaping
- Several styles
- The grips have a semi-pistol shaping that fits well with a wide variety of hand sizes and the soft, tactile construction material enhances feel.
Odyssey makes the #1 putters in golf with 521 worldwide and 85 PGA tour wins. The Odyssey Jumbo Putter Grip is a masterpiece which is made of a tactile construction material that enhances feel which inspires confidence in the stroke. The semi pistol shape is designed to remove any excess wrist action from your stroke. The putter grip is 10.75″ inch in length and 0.59″ inch in diameter. The grip is easy to install and makes a very tight grip.
3. Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0 Golf Putter Grip
- USGA Approved
- 1.20" Diameter
- 10.50" Length
- 50g+/-5 .580 core
Is the Fatso 5.0 putter grip a little too fat for you. You might want to check out the Mid Slim grip from Superstroke. The Mid Slim grip is about 1.20″ inch in diameter and 10.50″ inches in length. Like its “fatso” cousin, the Mid Slim technology allows for even pressure in both hands, which eliminates added tensions in the wrist and forearms. This definitely helps the arms to swing free, giving you an enhanced pendulum putting stroke.
This is a newest offering in the SuperStroke line-up of putter grips. The Mid Slim 2.0 is currently in-play on the PGA Tour with its demand increasing at each tour event
4. Winn Excel JumboLite Pistol Putter Grip
- This lightweight Jumbo delivers excellent clubhead feel with the stability of an oversized grip
- Soft, tacky Excel polymer material optimizes feel and comfort for confidence on the greens
- WinnLite technology cuts grip weight in half - this grip weighs about the same as a standard sized putter grip
- Medium surface texture
The Excel JumboLite Pistol Putter Grip from Winn offers is made of a special polymer compound that makes it light, comfortable with 65% shock absorption for reduced hand fatigue. The pistol shape slip resistant surface helps keep the angle consistent for a more accurate shot. The weather resistant design helps dissipate water to keep your grips in rough weather conditions.
5. Superstroke Slim 3.0 Putter Grip
- Used by tour pro Jason Dufner
- 3.0 is the most popular SuperStroke model on the tour
- 5 worldwide victories last year
- USGA Approved
The Super Stroke Slim 3.0 Putter Grip is the most popular model that is used on the tour. This best putter grip is used by pro golfer Jason Dufner. The Slim 3.0 putter grip is about 1.30″ inch in diameter and 10.50″ inches in length. The light-weight foam under listing, and a new high-tech PU material, featuring cross traction technology offers improved fee and tackiness.