Are you looking to buy the best golf travel bag for your golf travels. When you explore the market, you will realize that some are expensive, others are cheap. The most important thing for a travel golfer who loves playing in different courses across the world – is to figure out how to safely and securely transport their golf clubs with them.
It makes a lot of sense to spend your money on this piece of golf equipment as your entire The ones that we have selected based on our reviews below are definitely not cheap, but they will get your clubs to your destination in one piece. They will be able to withstand the beating from the airport baggage folks without causing any damage to your golf clubs.
So, without wasting a lot of time – lets look at our recommendations of the best golf travel bags in the market.
Best Golf Travel Bag – If youre in a rush!
Best Golf Travel Bag Reviews
1. Sun Mountain 2016 Clubglider Meridian
- Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag
- Blue Silver
Like most good golf travel bags have the same construction: a full zip from top to bottom, a reinforced base, a padded top along with a few side pockets. The Clubglider from Sun Mountain has all you need from a good travel golf bag and more. The fabric used to build to bag is a ballistic style nylon which makes the bag very sturdy and grand looking. The plastic tray at the base adds durability to the entire unit
The extra two wheels (that turn 360 degrees) take some of the pressure off and makes wheeling around a breeze through hotels and airports very easily. Dragging a bag from your car to a hotel or around the airport is not easy, but this bag makes the experience a lot more easier and better
Priced at around $300, for all the features this makes the best golf travel bag in the market
- Extraordinary product which allows movement of golf clubs through airports and hotels simply and easily
- The only drawback is that the main zipper is not designed for a lock, not a deal breaker though
2. Club Glove Last Bag Pro Golf Travel Bag
- Accommodates a golf club 47" in length
- Completely manufactured in the U.S.A. with all US made fabrics
- CORDURA fabric for maximum durability
- Single piece burst proof construction made with Invista Cordura 1000 D water resistant nylon up to 3x stronger and lasts up to 5x longer than standard polyester
As the name says, this golf travel bag from club glove is the “last” travel bag you will purchase that comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This golf travel bag comes with a high impact wheel base that shields the bottom of the bag and offers excellent maneuverability. The bag is made from cordura water resistant nylon, has YKK zippers and comes with an extra padded handle at the top and bottom.
The bag is large enough to accommodate clubs as long as 47 inches and available in a variety of colors such as black, navy, hunter green, khaki, burgundy, red, clay, blue, and more. Priced at around $320, it does makes an expensive purchase – but its totally worth every penny spent
- This bag has room for everything. It is great, solid and worth the price
- None that need a mention here. The bag really has it all
3. Bag Boy T-750 Wheeled Travel Cover
- Extra thick 4-sided padded top with high Density foam and impact resistant PVC for maximum club protection
- Deluxe in-line skate wheels provide smooth rolling action
- Reinforced corners for extra protection
- Ergonomic neoprene handle for easy maneuvering
The golf Straight Jacket travel bag from Bag Boy weighs has a fully padded top that protects your clubs from being jostled through the airport on deluxe inline skate wheels. The padded top is made from a extra thick 4-sided high Density foam and impact resistant PVC for maximum club protection. The construction is stable but will not be as durable as the ones above.
But since it’s a bit lighter, you can pack some extra shoes in. The bag has the same protective features as you would expect in golf travel bag and comes with a ergonomic neoprene handle for easy maneuvering. The bag can handle a beating without backing down to the wear and tear of travel
Priced at around $100, its the cheapest option around in the market for full fledged golf travel bag
- One of the cheaper options available in the market with all features
- May not be as sturdy and durable as the ones mentioned above
4. SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
- Deluxe golf travel case for taking your golf game on the road
- Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene construction ; Contoured to fit cart bags, carry bags, and drivers
- Keeps your clubs secure when going through TSA inspection process
- Interior Dimensions (L x W x D): 48 x 14 x 11 inches; Carton Dimensions (L x W x D): 52 x 13 x 16 inches
The ATA golf travel case from SKB is hard type case that is made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene. This material is so durable and strong that it helps keep your clubs safe and secure while literally being thrown around by the baggage handlers. SKB’s perfect match valance bending system provides a tight fit that prevents just about anything from getting into the case. The locking system is TSA accepted and recognized.
The golf travel bag is huge to accommodate most of your equipment and even a lot of apparel that you may need during your game. For the price, its one of the best hard golf cases out there in the market.
This golf travel bag comes with SKB’s unparalleled million-mile guarantee and $1,500 club coverage
- Made from Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene – the same material required by the U.S. military for cases and containers
- Some customers have complained of the wheel being easily damaged, but with SKBs customer support – this should not be a problem
5. Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case
- The lightweight and durable solid ABS Shell shields your golf bag and clubs from the wear and tear of air travel
- Features a padded quilted interior with extra foam cushioning on top to protect club heads
- 4 multi-directional spinner wheels and 2 in-line skate wheels allows the case to be pushed or pulled
- Internal compression straps secure the golf bag inside the case
The hard sided travel cover case from Samsonite is made from solid ABS that ensures protection of your golf equipment during travel. The inner of the hard case features a padded quilted interior with extra foam cushioning on top to protect club heads. The 4 multi directional spinner wheels ensure that the entire unit can rotate 360 degrees, if required. In addition to the 4 wheels, comes with 2 in-line skate wheels which allows the case to be pushed or pulled very easily.
Comes with internal compression straps to ensure the golf bags are placed surely inside. The hard case cover can easily accommodate golf clubs up to 46 inches long and a 10.5 inch wide golf bag
Priced at around $199, the hard case cover is well thought out and comes in a robust design thereby meeting its requirement of secure and efficient golf travel.
- It is roomy, hard, easy to roll and not heavy. The 4 wheels really help during movement
- Because of its length, it may be difficult to get it in a regular sized car trunk
Best Golf Travel Bag under $100
Are you looking for cheaper alternatives to protect your clubs during travel? Well, we have listed down the best golf travel bags under $100. These travel covers will generally be soft bags which may not be as durable as the ones mentioned above, but of course will perform well – may leave you surprised. Lets look at some the best golf travel bag under $100
1. CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover
- 1 Year Full Bag Replacement Warranty – covers any damage to the bag caused by airlines
- In-Line Skate Wheels & Lockable Zippers (with optional TSA lock not included)
- Internal & External Compression Straps to Keep Clubs Secure. Top of the Line 1800D Fabric Construction (3 x the Thickness of 600D Fabric)
- Heavily Padded on Top to Protect Club Heads
CaddyDaddy has been a manufacturer of exceptional golf travel bags, golf bags and premium golf accessories for over 15 years. The Constrictor 2 Golf Bag Travel Cover from them can easily accommodate 10″ inch golf bags.
The easy rolling easy in-line skate wheels make sure your experience of going through an airport a complete breeze. It is very well padded on top to provide superior protection to your golf heads. The 2 internal and external straps hold your belongings easily and are easy to lock.
Its made from thick Nylon material and very easily collapsible. The company offers a 100% 1 year full bag replacement warranty. Overall a good buy below $100
- Weighs only 9 pounds. Can stuff a lot of your golf apparels along with your golf bag without being really very big in size
- Breaking of wheels may be a problem after continued use. Since, its made of Nylon – it may tear of if used roughly
2. AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
- Soft-sided golf travel bag for conveniently transporting a set of golf clubs (not included)
- Made of durable nylon fabric; reinforced stress points; stands up on its own when holding a set of clubs
- Smooth-rolling, inline-skate-style wheels; heavy-duty curb rails; well-placed, riveted handles
- Compression straps keep clubs secure; heavily padded top section protects club heads
This golf travel bag from Amazon is made from waterproof durable nylon fabric. The smooth rolling wheels allow effortless movement of the bag through airports. The main compartment can accommodate a medium size golf bag with golf clubs up to 50 inches long. The full length zipper offers easy packing and unpacking. Being a soft golf travel cover, tis bag is very light and easily collapsible when not in use.
One of the downsides to this bag is that it does not have an internal compression strap which will mean that your clubs and other equipment will move during transport. You will need to secure your clubs, other equipment which clothes, towels etc
The price point is really very attractive and may be apt for those who don’t want to spend too much on a golf travel bag
- Very spacious and roomy. Can easily accommodate medium size golf bags. Padding on top is super thick
- There just isn’t enough padding to keep the clubs safe if another piece of luggage rams into it
3. Intech Golf Travel Cover with Wheels
- PROTECTION - Includes pad locks, padded shoulder straps, protective burst-straps, and internal padding
- MOLDED WHEELED CHASSIS - For smooth rolling and easy to maneuver while traveling
- EXTRA STORAGE - Handy shoe pocket
- TRAVEL READY – Integrated ID holder plus lightweight, collapsible design for compact storage when not in use
The Intech Golf Travel bag comes with superior molded wheels which offers smooth rolling during travel. Padding throughout the bag is pretty minimal, but is adequate for protection. The zippers, handles are made of sturdy materials. There is a handy shoe pocket in the front of the bag that offers extra storage for your golf shoes. The full wrap around zipper makes packing and unpacking your golf clubs a breeze. The shoulder makes it easy to carry around. For the price point, it makes an excellent bag.
- The bag is sturdy and roomy. Its made of decent material that offers club protection
- If you’re travelling with a top-end set we would probably recommend a firm case
Golf Travel Bag Buying Guide
When deciding to buy the best golf travel bag, you need to consider a lot of external factors like where you play, how you play and what you need on the course. If golf trips is a one-off case, a soft cover may be just the thing you need. On the contrary, if you are traveling to a new course every weekend, you will likely want the extra protection a hard bag provides.
But durability is not the only factor to consider when choosing a travel golf bag. A serious golfer knows that a round of golf requires more than clubs. Your golf bag travel case should be spacious and organized enough to hold other necessary gear and apparel that you may use on course.
You will also want to consider the weight of the bag and the various airline restrictions if it is heavy before you add your clubs and other items, it will be even heavier when it is fully stocked.
Recommended reading: Airline Rules for Traveling with Golf Clubs