It is said that the secret of golf is to morph three strokes into two. The most effective way to achieve this is to equip yourself with the best golf training aids.
No matter how good you are at golf, there is always a margin to get even better. Whether you intend to improve swing speed or seek better performance, golf training aids will help.
Are you looking for the best golf training aids, but do not know where to start? Here, you will find reviews on beneficial golf aids including the most helpful golf swing trainer. You can find the perfect fit for yourself in no time!
Read on to explore the ways you can train yourself for a better game of golf.
Top 20 Golf Training Aids
How can you start improving your score through golf training aids?
You can select golf aids for various purposes, to work on distinct areas of your game. You can also use them simply for greater convenience while playing. There is no doubt that golf is a challenging sport, so players may seek all the help they can find.
Before buying any golf training aids, you should identify the shortcomings in your swing or posture. You can do this by recording yourself from different angles to help analyze errors.
Is the face of your club open at the time of contact? Are you letting your head move? Observe carefully to understand what the best golf training aids for you would be.
If you are a senior citizen and enjoy the game of golf, there are quite a few aids for your convenience too. Golf requires power, but senior golf clubs can make the sport easier for you. Here, you will also find reviews on some of the best golf clubs for seniors.
20 Best Golf Training Aids
1. SwignAlign Golf Swing Trainer
The Swing Align Golf Swing Training Aid is a fitting choice if you need to work on the alignment of your shots. It will also help you with the correct rotation of your body. If you struggle to remain connected while you swing, the Swing Align golf swing trainer can help.
The golf swing trainer fits onto your arms above the elbows, while the cuffs of the device are connected using a flexible connection belt. It helps you work your torso and arms in synchronized movements. This plays a significant role in enhancing the accuracy, power, and consistency of your swings.
The Swing Align Golf Swing Training Aid includes another rod that you need to place on the ground. The association between the rods on your arms and the ground allows you to check your rotation and swing plane.
- Consists of technology that provides instant biomechanical and visual feedback
- Addresses the issue of connection and alignment, allowing a consistent swing
- Simple to operate
- Helps tackle all types of swing faults
- May feel restricting
The Swing Align Golf Swing Training Aid is one of the best golf swing plane trainers out there. It is popular and successful due to its reliable nature. You can also use it for short game drills. You will need a larger size and wear it across your legs, above the knees.
2. Izzo Golf Smoot Swing
The IZZO Golf Smooth Swing is one of the simplest yet effective golf training aids available today. It helps you keep your body and arms together and trains you to eliminate the dreaded but common ‘chicken wing.’
Your backswing dictates how your overall stroke will turn out. You must maintain a proper backswing for consistency and power. It is possible to do so using this golf swing trainer.
This golf swing aid comes in one piece and goes over your forearms. The IZZO Golf Smooth Swing will catalyze the transfer of power from your core, down through your arms and into your hands. This ultimately reflects in the swing and the shot you take, which will be more accurate and synchronized in this manner.
- One-piece takeaway
- Made using a stretchable neoprene material which fits all sizes
- Relevant to left-handed as well as right-handed golfers
- Performs a single function
- No way of knowing if you are going wrong while using it
- May not fit everyone despite claiming to be free-size
- Does not come with any instructions
Golfers receive the IZZO Golf Smooth Swing well because it gives a ‘feel’ of what a correct golf swing should feel as. Using this simple aid will make sure that your swing is even, smooth, and has an excellent tempo.
3. Orange Whip Compact Golf Swing Trainer Aid
The Orange Whip Compact golf swing trainer Aid is the perfect solution for problems with rhythm, balance, tempo, and flexibility. This golf training aid will help you build strength while helping you streamline your power and bring structure to momentum.
This golf swing trainer consists of a flexible shaft, counterweight, and weighted ball. The shaft helps synchronize your lower and upper body while the counterweight provides training for loading and releasing the club. The weighted ball at the tip gives immediate feedback for stability and rhythm.
The Orange Whip Swing Trainer Aid comes in various versions and sizes for your compatibility. If you see that the golf training aid is wobbling and unstable, you need to focus on improving timing, balance, and momentum.
- Helps coordinate your swing in proper sequence
- Assists in the development of an athletic feel and swing
- Can be used indoors
- Warranty period of 2 years
- Compact version may be too soft
- More expensive than other similar whips
The Orange Whip Compact Golf Swing Trainer Aid is a good choice for beginners or golfers who are recovering from injuries or illnesses. It was also voted as the #1 Teaching and Training Aid by PGA and LPGA professionals.
4. Golf Training Aid Swing Plane Perfecter
The Swing Plane Perfecter by Golf Training Aid is the brainchild of a PGA Teaching Professional and an engineer on his introductory lesson in golf. This golf training aid will help you significantly improve your backswing while training you to ensure that the clubhead stays on the plane.
This golf swing plane trainer is designed to help maintain a parallel association between your left arm and the ground. The Golf Training Aid Swing Plane Perfecter trains golfers to be precise and understand the concept of immediate feedback.
This golf training aid gives instant visual and kinesthetic feedback. Due to this, you can keep track of your performance after every stroke or drill.
- Portable and easy to carry
- Can be used indoors
- Improves swing plane and path
- May seem flimsy
- Some people may have balance issues
The Golf Training Aid Swing Plane Perfecter is a popular choice among players who need to work on keeping their swing within the plane. It is also suitable for your training if your clubface opens at the time of contact.
5. SKLZ Smart Glove
- High-quality Cabretta leather glove is a dual-purpose guide to help ensure better ball contact
- Removable, rigid insert guides proper hand and wrist position throughout the golf swing to promote on-plane swings and groove a proper release
- Palm side of glove includes specialized fabric to outline proper grip positioning and superior feel
- For tee, fairway, and approach shots as well as putting
The SKLZ Smart Glove is a great golf grip trainer tool for you to possess if you want to enhance your game. It serves two purposes, namely, ensuring a better grip and helping you with proper wrist positioning and release.
If your wrists break before making contact with the ball, you lose a significant amount of power in your stroke. It is a common flaw associated with swinging.
The SKLZ golf grip trainer has a part of plastic inserted in it. The plastic insertion assists in training you to maintain the firmness and flatness of your wrists through contact. It will make you aware if you release the clubhead prematurely.
The palm of the glove is lined with a specialized material that ensures that you maintain a proper and steady grip. The glove is made using Cabretta leather.
- Wrist guide is removable
- Prevents casting and trains you to practice correct mechanics of golf swings
- Available for left as well as right hand
- May have quality issues
- Women’s sizes are not available
- Highly-priced for its strength and quality
The SKLZ Smart Glove is one of the best golf training aids for beginner and seasoned golfers alike. It is due to the fact that besides the wrist training, it also acts as a golf grip trainer. It helps in maintaining a firm hold as well.
6. Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set
The Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set is not a golf training aid by itself. Instead, it is a set of golf clubs for seniors. These graphite irons are the best golf clubs for seniors because they have a hollow construction. They are lighter and easier to use.
The clubface of the Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set is made of Turbocharged, durable steel. It is thinner too, and these factors together maximize the speed of the ball and the distance it travels.
These clubs have a redesigned HI Bore Crown which is low and deep-weighted. It makes them the best golf clubs for seniors because of its role in ensuring breezier playability and a better ball flight.
- Guarantee a smooth transition from long-iron to short-iron owed to progressive hollow shaping
- Deliver incredible forgiveness
- Demand less strength to use
- Grips may be uncomfortable
- May take time for you to adjust to them
Cleveland is a trusted and reliable brand for golf clubs. If you are a senior looking for golf aids, you can purchase the Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set as it will help you in your golf training. The irons are the best golf clubs for senior citizens and will improve your game.
7. Majek Seniors Golf All Hybrid Complete Full Set
- Right Handed
- Premium Senior Flex Light Weight Velocity Graphite Shafts with MAXIMUM WHIP PERFORMANCE - No Need to Swing harder than you're suppose to. Let your shafts create the Whip for you!
- Men's Standard Length: #3=40 Inches: Loft=19 Degrees, #4=39 1/2 Inches: Loft=22 Degrees, #5=39 Inches: Loft=25 Degrees, #6=38 1/2 Inches: Loft=28 Degrees, #7=38 Inches: Loft=31 Degrees, #8=37 1/2...
- Mens Majek K5 Design High Traction Large Senior Size Black Pro Velvet Grips
The Majek Seniors’ Golf All Hybrid Complete Full Set is a good replacement for your demanding-to-use long-iron set. There are different sets for senior men and senior women.
The golf clubs in this set are hybrids designed specifically for senior golfers. It makes the set one of the best golf clubs for senior citizens.
These clubs boast of a back structure with a deep cavity, which generates a tauter shot dispersion. These factors will enhance the accuracy of your strokes. The crown design initiates higher flight while the clubhead experiences lower drag.
These golf clubs for seniors consist of graphite shafts, which are bound to be comfortable if you suffer from pains in your joints or arthritis.
- Aerodynamic clubhead
- Allow high launches
- Available for men and women both
- Some players may find them uncomfortable to use
- Hybrid nature makes precise gameplay difficult on challenging surfaces
- May have manufacturing defects
The Majek Seniors’ Golf All Hybrid Complete Full Set is a good choice for players looking for a set of senior gold clubs. The clubs are easy to use. However, a drawback is that the hybrid nature may affect your usual performance negatively.
8. TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons
- Speed Bridge: Revolutionary Speed Bridge technology strategically supports the topline of the iron to unlock explosive distance and forgiveness with improved sound and feel
- ECHO Damping System: Designed with energy channeling geometry to quickly eliminate harsh vibrations at impact delivering better feel without sacrificing face flexibility
- Speed Pocket: Patented TaylorMade technology engineered to maximize face flexibility for increased ball speed and forgiveness on low face strikes
- Ultra Thin Face: Ultra thin 1. 5mm face design with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology delivers extreme ball speed across the face with an enhanced sweet spot designed to promote a straighter ball...
The TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons are also one of the best golf clubs for seniors since they offer excellent forgiveness and distance. They consist of a unique Speed Bridge feature, which catalyzes this through strategic topline support.
Harsh or jarring vibrations are not ideal for senior golfers. With this in mind, TaylorMade designed SIM MAX Irons to have an ECHO Damping feature. It cancels unwanted vibrations for stability and comfort, making these irons good golf clubs for seniors.
- Flexible clubface
- Allows faster and straighter ball flight
- Great to use as golf training aids due to increased accuracy
- Shipping is often faulty
- A little heavier than other golf clubs for seniors
TaylorMade is a reliable brand that golfers all over the world trust. You can easily find the best golf clubs and other high quality golf equipment for your training.
9. SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer
SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer is one of the best golf training aids for your practice sessions. With this swing speed trainer, you can refine the tempo and timings of your swing. Further, it has removable weights that let you train with iron as well as with wood.
What’s more? It not only helps you improve your tempo but also works on your grip. The SKLZ golf grip trainer has been designed to help you perfect your grip for better performance. Its rubber built-in grip gives you an excellent hand position to boost up your game.
That is not all. The versatile nature of this swing speed trainer lets you use it indoors as well as outdoors. You can hop it up in your bag wherever you go. All you need to do is train with it before your match, and you will have the idol muscles to boost-up your performance.
- 2-in-1 golf training aid
- Versatile for indoor and outdoor use
- Great for a warm-up session
- Dual weight adjustment
- Only for right-hand golfers
- Not good for golfers with slow tempos
SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer is a multi-purpose golf training aid. Its smooth rubber grip, adjustable iron weights, and lightweight make it idol for your off-the-match training sessions. Moreover, it is easy to carry around.
10. Putt Out Pressure Putt Trainer
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
- Made from high quality, elastomer and translucent polycarbonate, PuttOUT folds and fits into your golf bag.
The Putt Out Pressure Putt Trainer is here to level-up your putting shots. It is one of those putting training aids that are manufactured specially to improve your aim and pace while golfing. The revolutionary design of this trainer gives you instant feedback on your putting capability.
In case you hit the target, the multi-functional curved golf training aid will return your ball. It will travel the same distance that it would’ve covered if driven past the hole. The ball will roll off if you have a miss. Whereas, if you get the perfect stroke the Putt Out will hold the ball.
Not only for training but you can use the Putt Out to have a competition with your friends right inside your house. Its compact nature lets you pack the gear to easily fit in your golf bag. Now you can practice your putting wherever you go!
- Immediate performance feedback
- Compact and portable
- Ideal for practicing straight shots
- Doesn’t help much with breaks
Practicing on a mat or carpet is not efficient enough to correct your pace. This bestseller putting aid can greatly improvise your golf putting by allowing to hit a 17-inch shot. What’s the best part? You need not bend over to pick the ball after each shot. It will roll back to you.
11. Swing Jacket
- The patented Swing Jacket makes it easy for anyone to quickly, easily and automatically learn a correct golf swing
- Revolutionary technology physically guides the user through each swing - perfectly
- No more "trying" to figure out how the swing is supposed to feel. The Swing Jacket trains your body to repeat the optimal bio-mechanical motion that's right for you
- The Swing Jacket will forever change the way people learn to play the game and the way instructors teach it
Swing Jacket is one of the most effective ways to perfect your golf swing. Unlike other golf swing aids, it doesn’t provide a visual aim. The jacket automatically enhances your body posture to get a flawless swing. It is a tested and recommended swing training aid by multiple golf professionals.
This golf swing aid is among those golf swing plane trainers that let you stay on track. Once you wear this jacket, you need not worry about the correct motion to get the ideal swing. The biomechanical technique of this aid will train your body to easily pull-off the perfect swing.
Practicing with the Swing Jacket on will make your body habitual to the optimum position for your desired swing. After a good amount of training, you will notice the clear upgrade in your swing technique, even without the jacket.
- Bio-mechanism perfects the posture
- Does not require too much effort
- Highly recommended by professionals
- Highly-priced compared to other swing aids
- Prevents free body movement
Swing Jacket acts as great support for players of all levels. It helps to work on your body motion and angle to make the perfect strike. The aid not only gives your back a good position but also helps you work on your swing plane.
12. SKLZ Smash Bag Golf Impact Swing Trainer
- Teaches the feeling of the correct impact, eliminates fat and thin shots and helps cure slices
- Proprietary target map provides visual feedback on the quality and accuracy of impact
- Quickly fills with towels or clothes
- Use at home or on the range
The point of impact is one of the most significant aspects of golf. SKLZ Smash Bag lets you focus your muscle strength. As a result, your fat as well as thin strokes are eliminated. Moreover, golf impact bags help cure slices.
Instead of striking a ball, these golf training aids let you hit on a bag full of clothes to tweak-up your swing game. What’s more? The impact bag is manufactured with heavy-duty nylon, making it highly durable. Now you can perfect your swing by repetitively striking on the bag.
The SKLZ Smash Bag Golf Impact Swing Trainer is designed to make your swing shots perfectly accurate. This golf swing trainer comes with a target map. By hitting on the target, you can instantly check your point of impact.
- Instant feedback
- Target map provides accuracy
- Designed to last long
- Safe for use with senior golf clubs
- Needs to be anchored to the ground
- Requires towels or cloth filing
- Doesn’t provide visible feedback
The SKLZ Smash Bag is perfect for learners as well as professional practice. You can upgrade your swing technique by practicing the forward shaft lean. Additionally, an impact bag can also be used as a swing speed trainer.
13. EyeLine Golf Speed Trap
- Exact model that has exploded onto Instagram and Facebook.
- Taming a Wicked slice or grooving a baby draw, the speed Trap is the quickest way to change your swing path!
- Change the position of the rods to match your skill level.
- The Polycarbonate base is indestructible and the Velcro rods stay close-by after errant Swings.
If you want to straighten your shots, the Eyeline Golf Speed Trap is the ideal golf training aid for you. It has four rods on each side that will keep your club from moving anywhere but in-line. Once you master keeping the club between the rods, your shot will be long and perfectly straight.
These golf swing plane trainers can help you improve your out-to-in as well as in-to-out swings. To get going, all you need to do is pin down the plate with the help of the smart rods. You must align the white line of the plate to your target.
For starters, you can place the rods as wide as possible to get you into the habit of the perfect swing plane. Once you have practiced enough, you can reduce the distance between these rods to attain precision.
Another highlight of golf swing trainer is that it can enhance your turf strike. It helps you to first hit the ball and then the grass, creating a wonderful strike with spins.
- Straightens the swing plane
- Fixes slicing and hooking
- Better pitch shots
- Expensive than other swing trainer aids
- Requires the tedious task of bringing back the rods each time you swing them off
The EyeLine Golf Speed Trap can effectively help you attain a consistent swing plane. It will give you precision in taking straighter and longer shots.
14. SKLZ Limited-Flight Practice Impact Golf Ball
- Regulation size, stronger alternative to plastic training golf balls
- Indestructible and resistant to dents
- Train in small spaces with limited-flight design
- Flight distance of approximately 45 yards
The SKLZ limited-flight practice impact golf ball is a great option for an effective backyard or garage practicing session. It is constructed to have a limited flight, making it ideal for training in compact spaces. The ball will travel as far as 25-30 yards, making it easily retrievable.
The SKLZ golf ball is made of heavy-duty EVA cover. The ball will not destroy or get dents even if you hit it hard. Moreover, the size of this golf training aid is equal to a real golf ball. Training with this ball will feel as if you were striking the real ball.
The black and yellow plastic ball is designed to have pop-back technology. This lets you use these golf aids for a prolonged period, unlike the traditional white golf balls. Now you can use the same ball for months of continuous practicing.
- Stronger than plastic balls
- Dent-resistant; highly durable
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors; versatile
- Great for limited spaces
- Does not provide the feel of a real game
- The black side makes it difficult to focus
The SKLZ limited flight practice impact ball has an impeccable performance and is great for long practice sessions. Furthermore, it is a great value for money.
15. Anti-Flip Stick
- [STOP FLIPPING & LOSING DISTANCE] Learn to Stop your hands from “flipping” during your golf swing & develop a repeatable, ball-first, solid impact golf swing which will improve your consistency,...
- [INSTANT FEEDBACK] Get instant, immediate feedback while you practice your golf swing. If it hits your side before impact, it means your wrist flipped & your body stopped rotating during the golf...
- [SIMPLEST & MOST EFFECTIVE GOLF TRAINING AID YOU WILL EVER USE] Work on all aspects of your golf swing with this one golf training aid - proper takeaway, wrist hinge, correct swing plane, solid...
- [PROPER IMPACT WILL GET YOU MORE YARDS] Will help you train your hands to hit down on the golf ball and square the club face for a more powerful impact position. By improve your muscle memory you will...
The Anti-Flip Stick is one of the simplest golf training aids that correct the posture of your wrists. Flipping of wrists while taking a shot is one of the most common problems of golfers. It leads to long shots and worsens the pitching.
These golf swing aids help you improve on your downswing by increasing the lag. You can attach the anti-flip stick at the end of your grip. If you take the wrong swing, the stick will hit on your abdomen, giving you instant feedback.
This golf swing trainer adds power to your stroke and improves consistency. The Anti-Flip stick cuts down on your fat, thin, shanks, loss of distance, etc. Furthermore, the stick lets you easily take the forward shaft lean.
- Corrects the wrist posture
- Great for long and chip shots
- Provides instant feedback on your swing technique
- Improves over the top downswing
- Does not come with an instruction manual
- Not much help in fixing the slice
Overall, the anti-flip stick is a great training aid. It corrects your angle, point of impact, and swing plane. Moreover, it is perfect for lowering your scores, improving the chipping shots, and over the top swing.
16. Genuine EyeLine Golf Putting Alignment Mirror
- Country Of Origin : China
- The Package Height Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Length Of The Product Is 1 Inches
- The Package Width Of The Product Is 1 Inches
Nothing is better feedback than self-reflection, even when it comes to putting. The EyeLine Golf Putting Mirror gives you the perfect opportunity to correct the angle of your head, eyes, and shoulders.
Starting the ball on your intended line is one of the basic fundamentals of your game. These mirrors are one of those putting training aids that help you attain the optimum putting position. With their visual marks and cues, getting your posture and angle right is a piece of cake.
The setup of the alignment mirror is pretty easy. You need to place the EyeLine putting mirror in line with the target. Once it is in the right position, anchor it to the ground with the help of two tees. Your golf training aid is ready for checking the putter face alignment and creating an exemplary stroke.
- Absolute putting alignment aid for players of all levels
- Easy to carry in a golf bag
- Versatile for using indoors as well as outdoors
- Not good for sunny days
Practicing with the EyeLine mirror regularly can help you correct your alignment to get the best shot. You can train with this aid in your living room or backyard as well.
17. Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar
- Small microwave Doppler radar sensor for measuring golf or baseball swing speeds
- Calculates clubhead or bat speed within a range of 20 to 200 miles per hour
- Positions about 8 to 10 inches from tee or suspends from a batting cage or net
- Transmission level is well within FCC requirements and prescribed safety levels
Results that can be measured not only give a sense of satisfaction but also serve to be great motivators. Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar is one such swing speed trainer. It lets you know the exact tempo of your swing, making it easy for you to upgrade your game.
It is a small Doppler radar sensor that you can place near your golf bat. The sensors of the radar are designed to accurately pick up the speed of your swing. Once you take a shot, this golf swing trainer calculates the distance covered by your bat based on the time taken.
The highly efficient Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar is capable of measuring your bat speed within 20-200 miles per hour. Make sure to place the speed radar neither too close nor far away from your bat. It must be placed almost 10 inches away from the tee.
- Immediate feedback
- Easy to use with an instruction card
- Battery life up to 2 years
- Lacks a tempo timer
- No Bluetooth or application connectivity
- Has a single-mode
The Swing Speed Radar lets you easily optimize your clubhead speed. You need not estimate the feedback or results, the gadget provides instant speed measurements.
18. SKLZ Golf Grip Trainer Attachment
- Creates muscle memory for proper hand positioning and grip
- Attaches to most clubs from driver through wedge
- Small enough for your bag
- Perfect for practice or pre-round range sessions
Most of the time the problem doesn’t lie in the major skills but the most basic techniques. Proper gripping is one such small but a fundamental requirement. The SKLZ Golf Grip Trainer attachment is the ultimate golf grip trainer for you to correct your grip.
Being among one of the best golf training aids, this grip attachment refines your hand positioning. Acting like a live trainer, it slowly inculcates the muscle memory for the optimum grip. Regular practicing with this golf aids creates the required mechanics for a consistent shot.
The versatile nature of this grip trainer lets you attach the aid to any club. Regularly practicing with this grip trainer will perfect your hand posture, leading to a ground-breaking performance. What’s more? The attachment is designed to perfectly fit all hand sizes.
- Fits in your bag
- Perfect for all hand sizes
- Easily attachable
- For right-hand golfers only
- Can easily slide off
The SKLZ Golf Grip Trainer attachment is downright the best gripping aid you can get your hands on. It is great to flex your hands before the ultimate match. Additionally, the size and weight of this attachment make it perfect to carry around.
19. Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
- Manufactured from PET resin
- Manufactured in the USA
- Kidney shaped practice putting green
- High quality putting surface stays smooth
What is the best time-pass activity of a golfer? Practicing the strokes. You cannot be on the golf course the entire time, right? The Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green is your mini, personal training field. This is one of the most versatile golf training aids for your training.
It is a putting mat that you can roll out even in your bedroom. Given its compact size, you can carry the putting aid wherever you go. Unlike other rectangular mats, this is one of those rare putting training aids that give you real-life feels.
The Putt-A-Bout putting green is kidney-shaped and has multiple holes to enhance your training sessions. The most beneficial feature of this mat is that it lets you practice with various angles and putt lengths. What’s more? The mat has ‘sand traps’ that prevent your ball from rolling over to different directions.
- Multiple holes for better practice
- Grass-like texture
- Does not skid
- Sand traps prevent the ball from rolling away
- Doesn’t do good on hard surfaces or ground
- Holes are not efficient enough to hold the putts
- The carpet-like mat traps more dirt and is difficult to clean
Despite being extremely simple, the Putt-A-Bout putting green will give you a considerable improvement in your performance. The versatile mat makes it perfect for training on multiple surfaces. With this mat, nothing can beat your practice level.
20. SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer
- 10-20 swings every day will improve swing tempo, strength, and flexibility
- Easy to use - simply “swing” the Gold Flex back and forth continually without stopping at impact position, as if swinging to a metronome
- Fights slices and flattens the swing
- Low-impact stretch for pre- round warm-up
The SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer is one of the best golf training aids. An all-rounder in its field, this stick can help you enhance your overall game.
Mastering your swing is the one technique to level-up your gameplay. This golf swing trainer helps you correct your swing plane. It builds up mechanics to correct your downswing by developing the correct lag and lower body posture.
It is a long stick with a heavy ball attached at one end. Once you swing your club, the stick moves like a pendulum, bringing a natural rhythm in your swing. If you take a speedy swing you will get a shaky result.
With the heavy ball attached to this rod, you cannot start your swing too early. It helps you match your timings with your swing. The trainer is specially designed to build up the right swing tempo and help you build a natural swing.
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and compact to carry around
- Helps improve your grip
- Great for beginners
- Suitable for both—left-handers as well as right-handers
- Doesn’t help to completely correct the swing
Regular practicing with the SKLZ Gold Flex trainer can downright improve your swing plane technique. It is great for training sessions at home, easy to carry around, and helps achieve a smooth swing. It will help you sync your body with the club swing.
Golf Training Aid buying guide
Are training aids effective?
If used regularly, golf training aids do show improvements in your game. However, it depends on the level of your practice as well as the technique.
What is the best training aid?
It completely depends on the area you want to improve. The SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer is great for improving your grip and tempo. The Putt Out Pressure Putt Trainer can help enhance your putting.
How does the anti-flip stick work?
Once you attach the anti-flip stick at the end of your club, it will help make you keep your hands ahead of the ball. This will improve your downswing by controlling the clubface rotation.
Can I carry a golf training aid in my bag?
Be it for the purpose of practicing or playing, it doesn’t matter. You are not allowed to carry any aid that may help improve your game or give you any sort of benefit.
How can I improve my swing?
Although regular training makes all the difference, here are some tips that can help you upgrade your swing. Have a longer club, do not be fast, let the swing be natural and rhythmic, pause for a second at the top.
What are some tips for beginners?
Taking the correct position is one of the foremost techniques for a good game. Spread your feet such that it bears an even weight of your body. Bend your upper body forward, towards the ball. Set your hips back and bend your knees for higher stability.
The market offers a multitude of training aids, but this does not mean that each of them is effective. Before deciding to buy a training aid, make sure to go through its features in detail, Moreover, you know where does your weakness lie. You must choose a golf training aid that can help you focus on that specific technique.
That being said, a training aid is almost necessary to level-up your gaming techniques. Even professional players use one or more training aids. This not only helps them work on certain skills but also keeps them in practice.
In the end, choose a training aid that you are most comfortable with. A golf training aid will only prove to be effective if you allow it to be. Furthermore, work on one skill at a time. Getting multiple aids will not prove to be a waste of money as well as time!