Well, there is only ONE problem. Finding that “best” golf push cart isn’t an easy job
That is why I have created a list of best golf push cart. After researching online and spending hours in testing these golf push carts, I have shortlisted the top 10 in the 3-4 wheeler category which you can buy right away.
Firstly, why at all get a Golf Push Cart? Is there a genuine need?
The answer is really very simple: Yes
These systems allow golfers to walk. According to research, this more or less doubles the exercise component compared to riding in a cart without the back strain that comes from lifting and carrying a bag. Isn’t that great!
Remember that everything about the game is better on foot: the rhythm, the sociability, the connection with nature, the quality of play. So getting yourself the best golf push cart makes a lot of sense!
You gotta agree that it helps you focus your energies on the game without worrying about your spine or the ridiculously high caddie fees – just hate em
Best Golf Push Cart
So here is a table giving you ratings of the top 5 carts that we recommend. We’ve gone ahead and created this table so that you can easily get a fair idea of the ratings (1 being the lowest; 5 being the highest) of the different criteria mentioned above. I seriously hope that you enjoy going through the below golf push cart reviews
|Golf Push Carts||Material||Tyres|
|Clickgear 3.5+||Scratch Resistant Aluminum||Tubeless||[azrev_link_button asin="B00B0NSU5S" text="Check Price"]|
|Bag Boy Tri Swivel II||Aluminum||Solid Foam||[azrev_link_button asin="B017DIZ78G" text="Check Price"]|
|CaddyTek EZ-Fold||Strong Aluminum||Maintenance-free wheels||
[azrev_link_button asin="B00HK7803U" text="Check Price"]
|Clicgear Rovic Rv1c||Lightweight aluminum||Maintenance-free wheels||[azrev_link_button asin="B0130BQH1G" text="Check Price"]|
|Sun Mountain V1||Aluminum||Maintenance-free wheels||
[azrev_link_button asin="B00FULRMEG" text="Check Price"]
Golf Push Cart Reviews
1. Clickgear 3.5+ - The best push cart money can buy[azrev_img_box asin=”B00B0NSU5S” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/clickgear-3_5.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00B0NSU5S” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The Clickgear 3.5+ is constructed of scratch resistant aluminum tubing with a very wide wheelbase making it the most stable piece in the world of golf carts. This model from Clickgear comes with a solid bag strap making it easy to accommodate almost all the various cart bags available in the marketplace.
It folds to a sub-compact 13″ x 15″ x 23″ making it the size of a suitcase which will fit into any car trunk that can hold a cart bag. Many users have stated that this cart is a bit too heavy, but this can easily attributed to its solid construction. Unfolding and folding is a easy as it involves pulling a few levers (really easier that twisting a knob!)
Comes with solid tires which are light weight and tubeless. The braking system is just awesome and it has huge room to drop in a lot of your stuff in the nets. From an accessories point of view you get an umbrella holder, cup holder to adjust to different bottle sizes. Along with its great styling and good looks it comes in around 9 different colors to choose from and is in the range of $200.
2. Bag Boy Tri Swivel II Golf Push Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B017DIZ78G” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/bag-boy-tri-swivel-932×1024.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B017DIZ78G” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]Bag Boy has tall claims that the new front wheel “makes the cart feel like it has power steering” and we can’t help but agree with their language on this one. If you’re looking for maneuverability in your cart, this one stands out as it comes with front wheels that rotate 360 degrees giving you total control, thanks to the new Swivel technology introduced in this model. The wheels are 9.5″ front and 11.5″ rear which I must say are clearly oversized, but they easily help roll through the grass, cart paths and fairways
This cart comes with an easy one-step handle adjustment that will accommodate golfers of all heights. In addition you have a handle mounted parking brake as well. It comes with adjustable Velcro to firmly secure any cart bag at the top and the bottom. It’s got an easy three step fold for compact storage and its folded dimension is 22″ x 14″ x 18″
The tires are made of solid foam – never having to bother about a flat tire. The cart comes with an integrated tee holder, beverage holder and a huge storage bag to junk in all your nitty gritties that come with your game.
From a styling point of view, it looks plainly more upright than other carts – but then again it’s a personal choice.
3. CaddyTek EZ-Fold 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B00HK7803U” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/caddytek-ez-fold-1024×936.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00HK7803U” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]This cart goes up against Clickgear 3.5+ as many users have found this cart to be a very sturdy and strong cart which can attributed to its strong aluminum frame. It has smaller wheels when compared with clickgear, but these are maintenance free and do provide a perfect traction on course for all types of terrain. Unlike most of the other brands, this unit comes with a foot brake which is a patented technology by Caddytek
This cart folds up in 2 simple steps to a compact size of (13.2″W x 12.4″L x 32.8″H). By no way is this cart small, but can easily fold into a trunk of a sedan. It does not have a lock when folded, so if you need to store it upright, you may need a bungee cord to wrap it around. It comes with all the basic requirements a golfer would need like a cooler build in, Mesh net on the handle, Umbrella holder and a storage rack
A lot of users who bought this cart are pretty happy with its performance and also do mention that they could not justify the extra cost the other brands are charging.
4. Clicgear Rovic Rv1c[azrev_img_box asin=”B0130BQH1G” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rovic-RV1C.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B0130BQH1G” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]Rovic is a series of carts manufactured by Clickgear. This cart when folded has the following dimensions: 13″ x 15″ x 24″. It comes with a lightweight aluminum tubing along with large wheels for easy rolling along the course making it very maneuverable on course without any wobbling.
This unit is very easy to collapse and expand once you get used to it. The features are very similar to the Clickgear 3.5+ which is very understandable coming from the same company. It comes with a cup holder, umbrella holder and two mounts to accommodate accessories of your choice.
Even though the brake only engages one wheel, we’ve found it be plenty secure, even on greenside slopes. The brake lever works just fine. The wheels are maintenance free a feature which is available in most of the carts these days. The styling and design is excellent and we think it is a good looking cart.
5. Sun Mountain V1 Sport Speed Golf Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B00FULRMEG” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Sun-Mountain-V1-Sport-Speed.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00FULRMEG” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]This speed cart from sun mountain is very sturdy and performs well on hilly golf courses as well. It can be easily pushed up through the hills and through the rough. It comes with a hand brake feature as opposed to a leg brake. It comes with maintenance free tires which are made of solid foam, so that you don’t need to air them up all the time. The E-Z Latch System simplifies folding and unfolding the cart in just 2 steps and you can adjusting the handle height to match any golfers height
It comes with adjustable smart brackets that secure the bag without the use of straps which is found in most of the carts available in the marketplace. The wheels are large thereby ensuring a sturdy and smooth ride through the course. The accessories tray includes a bungee scorecard holder, umbrella holder, drink holder and mesh headcover tray.
It weighs 17.15 lbs which is light when compared to the other out there in the marketplace. Its folded dimensions are: 37″ X 16″ X 13″ making it easy to fit into any cars trunk.
There you have in depth reviews of the top 3 wheel golf push carts that we think are the best in the golf cart market. We would love to hear from you on the push cart that you decided to purchase finally.
4 Wheel Golf Push Carts
It really is a no brainer that you will definitely play more golf and focus on your game if you can get yourself the best golf push cart. Apart from the 3 wheel golf carts that we’ve seen above that have their own limitations, there are also 4 wheel golf push carts that are available. You may consider looking into the 4 wheel versions of push carts as well if you’re looking for golf push carts that are more sturdier, taller, offers a lot of storage and more footed. They’re definitely more costlier than the 3 wheel counterparts but will definitely fulfill your desire of having all your requirements met at one go!
Best Golf Push Cart – 4 wheel
|Golf Push Carts||Material||Tyres|
|Clicgear 8.0||Oversized Aluminum Tubing||Tubeless||[azrev_link_button asin="B00IZX8AOM" text="Check Price"]|
|CaddyTek One-Click Folding||Strong aluminum frame||Maintenance-free wheels||[azrev_link_button asin="B00HK7AQ6Y" text="Check Price"]|
|Bag Boy Quad Plus||Lightweight aluminum||Oversized Maintenance-free wheels||[azrev_link_button asin="B00EUZI5I0" text="Check Price"]|
|CaddyTek Superlite Explorer||Strong aluminum frame||Maintenance-free wheels||[azrev_link_button asin="B00OAXZVHA" text="Check Price"]|
Golf Push Cart Reviews – 4 wheel
1. Clicgear Model 8.0 Golf Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B00IZX8AOM” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/clicgear-8.0-push-cart.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00IZX8AOM” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The Clicgear Model 8.0 Golf Push Cart is made of an oversized aluminum tubing that offers unparalleled durability with superior on course performance. This cart offers so much balance during use that there is no question of tipping at the sides or backwards. The four-wheel design has so much balance that the front 2 wheels just won’t lift off the ground very far even on steepest of hills you may encounter during your game.
It has a tall boy design with higher ground clearance which means that all other bars of the cart are higher off the ground than any other cart; which means plowing through the rough, tall grass will really not be a problem.
The console is super large with the same magnetic locking that is used in most Clicgear and Rovic models, which means that you easily store all your on course accessories that you wish to. It has 6 Accessory Mounts that can be used to accommodate the Clicgear accessories
The Clicgear 8.0 is obviously big but surprisingly small when folded at 15″ x 17″ x 27″. Folding and unfolding is fairly simple and the step guard helps you do that easily.
Front wheel alignment system allows both wheels to be adjusted independently for consistent tracking. It comes with a dual front wheel brake system is activated by a simple lift of the brake lever
2. CaddyTek One-Click Folding 4 Wheel Version[azrev_img_box asin=”B00HK7AQ6Y” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/caddytek-4-wheel-version.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00HK7AQ6Y” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]This model from Caddytek comes with a strong aluminum frame that is pretty light and weighs 17 lbs. The cart is very stable and works great overall. Customers have commented that they feel confident pushing it just over any surface on the fairway without any fear of tipping over.
Although being a 4 wheel golf push cart, it very easily folds down to a compact size (17″ x 13.8″x 25.8″) with the help of patented one-click button. It comes with foot brakes which is caddytek’s patented technology which uses the press to break and release mechanism.
The wheels are larger at the back which are maintenance free and provide support to the entire unit. Coming to the storage part the basket comes with a built in cooler and storage rack that can easily accommodate your golf balls, tees and just about anything that you need on course. An umbrella holder and mesh is included as part of the unit.
The bag holder area is roomy enough to accommodate any kind of cart bag that you may have. The strings and clamps ensure that they’re secured not to waver during your ride.
3. Bag Boy Quad Plus Golf Push Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B017DIZ7T0″ src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/bag-boy-4-wheel-push-cart.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B017DIZ7T0″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The 4 wheel version from Bag Boy Quad offers superior stability. It is very functional and one of the most compact golf push cart available in the market. It folds down to a compact 24″ x 17″ x 16″ which can easily fit into the trunk of your car or the corner of your garage.
The aluminum frame is lightweight and weather resistant which weighs 16 lbs only
It folds down with a one click mechanism and has a lock to ensure no hassle when it is folded. The handle is easily adjustable to suit your requirement. The bag straps hold the cart bags securely ensuring no movement during your on course travel
There are multiple features that make this push cart functional, It has a place right in the front of the console for your water bottle, tees, scorecard, umbrella, rangefinder, golf balls and your smart phone as well. You must have realized that the console is a pretty large going by the number of accessories it can accommodate. The oversized mesh / accessory bag can easily store anything else that you may carry during your game.
It comes with a hand mounted parking brake which might take some getting used to if you’re using a push cart with a leg brake currently.
The bag boy Quad Plus push cart easily maneuvers itself uphill. The 4 wheels and stability make sure that its easy to walk through the sand traps that you may encounter during on course. It come with a 9.5 inch front and 11.5 inch rear oversized wheels roll through grass with ease
Overall this push cart is a great one for its features and the size when it folds down
4. CaddyTek Superlite Explorer 4 Wheel Golf Push Cart[azrev_img_box asin=”B00OAXZVHA” src=”http://www.uniquegolfgears.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Caddytek-Superlite-Explorer.jpg” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00OAXZVHA” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]This version from Caddytek is a toned down version of the once click 4 wheel version from caddytek which comes at a much cheaper cost. If you’re not looking to spend a lot of money but still want features of a caddytek – then this is the one for you.
Lets look at the features in detail:
- Patented simple 2 latched mechanism folds the cart to compact size (15.75″ x 13.4″x 24″) in 2 simple steps
- Strong aluminum frame, weighs less than 14 lbs.
- Large 9.5″ x 2.5″ Rear and 8.5″ x2.3″ Front EVA maintenance-free wheels
- Distance of the front wheel can be adjust between 11.5 to 12.5 inches to fit any size of golf bag and add the stability
- Umbrella holder included; Scorecard holder integrated with storage compartment, beverage holder and mesh net
Priced at around $150, the features, design and build is n doubt a great deal. Ease of setup and folding is done in a snap. The aluminum frame is sturdy and gives a superior feel to the cart.
The wheels are maintenance free and can easily go on any course that you may decide to play on. The compartment is large enough to accommodate a lot of your accessories that you may carry around during your game. The beverage holders, mesh and umbrella holder are much more than you can ask for.
The clamps ensure that your golf cart bag can easily be secured without any movement during the travel.
Golf Push Cart Buying Guide
When you get to buying these, you will realize that there are many styles, options, and useful accessories in the world of golf push carts. These can be bought in a number of places such as sports stores, golf supply stores, and online sites such as Amazon
To make it easier for you, we’ve evaluated various 3 wheel and 4 wheel golf carts available in the market and based on the following categories come up with a one-stop resource for you to select the cart of your choice based on your needs:
- Size / Weight: One of the most important features to consider as you will be the one stowing and unloading the push cart from the car, so we have details on how much the cart weighs and how much room it takes up when it’s folded
- Ease of Set-Up: Most carts these days are foldable and unfold without too much effort. But this is one factor we cover in our reviews
- Style: Aesthetics of a cart adds to your overall personality, confidence and fashion. We got this covered here
- Storage / Accessories: Golfers carry a lot of stuff like Equipment baskets, water bottles, umberalla, scorecards, cellphones and much much more. We review the storage space and give our feedback to see how much of junk these can take
- Overall Value / Rating: Looking at the overall stability, the brakes, the tires, and comfort during use we tell you whether you are actually getting true value for your money spent
So, here you have reviews of the best golf push carts available in the market. We seriously hope the reviews in this guide will help you decide to buy the best golf push cart of your choice.
Please let us know in the comments which one you think is the best based on your needs