Do you want to know about the best golf balls for beginners? You’ve come to the right place as we’ve compiled a list after in-depth reviews of the various golf balls available in the market
If youve recently got into the game of golf and are learning the ropes, you probably want to try to get as much practice as possible. To do that, you’re definitely going to need the right golf balls, and not just any balls lying at the range. Beginners need to play with a different type of ball from those that are used by professionals.
Golf balls used by professionals often feature special technology that you wont be able to use or master when youre only starting out. Thereby, the importance of best golf balls for beginners.
Look for these while buying golf balls for beginners:
- Layers and compression levels – Golf balls are generally distinguished by the no. of layers and compression levels. The balls which has more no. of layers produces a higher level of spin. The ball which has lesser layers (2-3) means lesser spin but greater distance. For beginners, it’s best to opt for 2 layered golf balls as they give you distance which ends up giving you a confidence boost. Lower compression balls are also better for beginners, as they are softer feeling, and go farther
- Price – There is no really great reason to spend a lot of money on golf balls when you’re just starting out. As a beginner, you’re sure to lose many during your practice sessions as your shots will be inconsistent. So, opt for the cheaper ones till you make your game better
7 Best Golf Balls for Beginners
1. Wilson Titanium Ball (18 Ball Pack)
- 18-ball pack
- 2-piece construction with explosive titanium core
- Produces maximum energy transfer and distance
- Sturdy, long-lasting Surlyn covers
The Wilson Titanium ball is a two-piece ball is designed for distance. It’s made of a titanium core that allows for maximum energy transfer on impact, helping the ball travel far and straight every time you play a shot. This 18 ball pack is very affordable and is available is an only-white color. It makes a great starter ball but not after you learn how to work a pitching wedge
2. Pinnacle Gold Golf Ball (15pk Yellow)
Although you might not have heard of Pinnacle, it is one brand under Titliest – the leader is manufacturing golfing equipment. This gold golf ball has a super bright yellow color that that is highly visible in the fairway. They are a made for distance, straight and long drives. They’re the prefect golf balls for beginners
3. Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
- SOFTEST GOLF BALL WE'VE EVER MADE: 35 compression is the softest golf ball on the market
- SUPER LONG: Ultra Low Compression reduces spinfor increased distance
- SUPER STRAIGHT: Low spin results in straight ball flight
- MULTIPLE COLOR OPTIONS: Supersoft is available in traditional White, Optical Yellow, Pink or Multi-color pack
- High-velocity core
- Durable incomer cover
- 314 dimple aerodynamics
- 2-piece ball
The Nike Power Distance balls are considered to be one of the best golf balls for beginners. Being a 2-piece lonomer-covered golf ball, it has a low compression core as well as softened income cover.
The golf ball from Nike has a modified high-lift with 314 dimple aerodynamics. The Nike balls provide a longer distance, while the balls have a softer feel off the club face.
5. Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball
- Softer, lower compression core - the new soft feel's energetic Gradient growth core is 60 compression, which is 12 points lower than the previous model. Softer feel on all full shots without...
- Softer, thinner cover - the Ionomer cover on the new soft feel is 11 percent thinner and 5 percent softer than the previous model, with the softest feel rating tested in the low-compression category
- New aerodynamic speed Dimples design - the new soft feel cover features the 324 speed dimple pattern, which combines greater uniformity of dimple design with better surface coverage
- 15 in a package
- Advanced two-piece construction
- One year warranty
- Guaranteed cutproof cover for ultimate playability
Another great beginner golf ball from Wilson is the Ultra 500 Golf Balls. These two-piece golf balls are all about distance. They feature a titanium core and a cut proof cover to help distribute the force of your swing evenly throughout the ball and reduce backspin for a longer drive.
The outer layer is also very durable .ultra durable some may say. For just about $1/ball, these are very affordable and easily is the best golf balls for beginners