Fairway woods are used basically by amateur golfers and beginners. Fairway woods consists of large heads, bulging club face, flattened soles sliding over the ground and are spherical in shape. Usually the best fairway wood is fitted with graphite shafts considering their light weight. These light weight woods enables golfers to accelerate higher club-head speed and achieve longer distance.
The 3 wood and 5 wood are commonly referred to as fairway woods, because they are most often used during the second shot of play, and are designed for shots from off the turf of the fairway that still require long distance, such as the second shot of a par-5 or a long par-4 hole.
The two most important features you should look for in a fairway wood is:
- Higher loft to lift the out of the turf and over low obstacles like hills
- Shallower face height which allows a player to hit a ball from the ground using the exact center of the, providing greater distance for such shots
A quality best fairway wood can help you find better consistency and swing. The excellence of shots always lies in the quality of clubs. That’s why it is very important to go for the best fairway woods. Considering the fact that there are so many types of fairways woods available in the market, it can be a overwhelming task to find the best fairway woods. We have considered various factors such as levels of adjust-ability, forgiveness, accuracy so that you can have the best results and output when you purchase one.
Best Fairway Woods – If you’re in a rush
Best Fairway Woods – Reviews
1. Callaway Golf 2018 Mens Rogue Fairway Wood
Callaway is a renowned American sports company which excels in manufacturing golf related accessories. Its in the business for more than 20 years and spread over 70 countries. The experience of this brand does reflect in its product and that is why it tops the list today.
Callaway Golf 2018 Men’s Rogue Fairway Wood is best known for its power shot as it comes with 3mm titanium rods. It gives much more energy to the balls when hit correctly. Irrelevant material and weight has been cut off in this design that makes it very light in weight. And eventually, that helps to give a perfect swing to this fairway wood. With golf shaft, you get lower CG and extreme forgiveness that makes your shots smooth and accurate.
A first in this segment, the jailbreak technology has been introduced to give your shot a double power boost and distance with minimal effort. The rubber coating on the shaft gives you a perfect grip even if your hand gets sweaty. In this model of Callaway, the trajectory is also improved drastically that helps the player to take long shots at any angle with 100 percent efficiency.
- Jailbreak technology that gives your shots double power
- Light in weight for perfect swing
- Long distance shots with minimal effort
- Aerodynamics improved in this model and increase in swing speed
- Not suitable for amateurs
- Center of gravity is little bit compromised
2. TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner Fairway Wood
When talking about fairway wood, you cannot leave out – Taylormade. It has always manufactured golf clubs as per the need of golfers and this time too they have done the same.
TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner Fairway Wood is among the best brands, as it comes with many cool features that will up your game for sure. New Speed Pocket increases the size of the sweet spot and reduces spin. Few of them are its aerodynamic shape, new matrix speed and its super pocket speed that not just helps to improve your gaming skills but also provide your shot maximum forgiveness and accuracy with every hit. Aeroburner gets a huge applause here because of its consistent accurate shot with higher distance and sweet center hits.
Its design is so eye-catching that it attracts the customer in the first impression. The durable and lightweight design helps to give your wrist a perfect twist for better and powerful shots. Taylormade has make sure that these Aeroburner Fairway Wood clubs would stand with you in any situation, any condition. Trust us and buy one today. You will not be disappointed for sure.
- Better aerodynamics for better swing
- Speed pocket increases the sweet point area
- Consistent accurate shots
- Maximum forgiveness and accuracy
- Its slim handle can cause wrist pain
- Trajectory is little bit compromised
- Usable by one person only as it made as per set skills
3. Cobra Men’s KING F7 Fairway Wood
- The rails on the F7 3-4 Wood has a shorter, less pronounced design to accommodate for a sweeping attack angle, allowing the club to glide easily through any lie for improved turf interaction.
- Two different CG settings in the front and back result in differing ball flights to help you tune your optimum distance and trajectory under variable conditions.
- Eight easily adjustable loft settings help manage trajectory and fine tune launch conditions. The rails have been designed to minimize contact point on the ground which acts as a Smart Pad to maintain...
- Adjustable loft: 13-16 degrees
Nowadays, there is a tons of golf brands available in the market that makes it pretty hard to find the one according to your requirements. But do not worry! Cobra mens king F7 fairway wood will surely get you out of dilemma. It is good in pretty much everything. Founded in 1973 by Thomas L. Cow, Cobra is an American based company that manufactures best quality golf valuables and equipments.
Cobra is back again with their all new King F7 Fairwood that is suitable for both pro and amateur players. The attractive matt black finishing and crown dot pattern gives it a premium and bold look. Cobra have distributed the weight very nicely that helps golfer to take best shots with higher accuracy and forgiveness. The trajectory in King F7 is remarkable, so now hit your shots at any angle with long distance and low CG. Its new Speed channel innovation gives your hit incredible distance and longer shots. Overall, it is a well-balanced fairway wood with almost all the aspects covered. Except for the high shot performance, it did well in most of the things. Recommended!
- Low CG and Long distance with each shot
- Suitable for both pro and amateurs
- High shots are bit compromised
4. Pinemeadow Yukon Offset Fairway 5 Wood
- Fitted standard with our low-torque Pinemeadow Limited Graphite Shaft for the same $54.95 value
- Featuring an Anti-Slice Technology solution by Pinemeadow
Since 1985, Pinemeadow is manufacturing top quality golf clubs, wedges, fairways and other golf accessories. And one of their great invention is Pinemeadow Yukon Fairway Woods.
It is specially designed to create high lofts. These shafts are the most playable club by professionals. We put it under our test and yes! It is extremely good in this department. Also, we were impressed with its consistency and accuracy. The weight also lower down by using the Graphite in their shaft that also helps you to take consistent shots with minimal efforts. Yokun fairway woods are made out of graphite and steel that provides it durability and cut-off its excess weight. With its hollow design, the aerodynamics get improvised in this model and gives you long shots and maximum forgiveness. You get these fairway woods in two torque variants i.e. low and high. Because of the graphite build structure, you get consistent trajectory on your shots.
These golf clubs are well designed and comes in vast varieties of colors. Choose your favorite one and start golfing.
- Low CG gives your shots higher pull
- Accurate trajectory gives you multi angle shots
- Pinpoint accuracy, shots stick close to the center line
- Your wrist can feel a little struggle while swinging the shot
5. Ping G30 3 Wood Golf Club
- Ping G30
- Turbulators crafted onto the crown create a captured appearance that assists with aim and provides confidence. The face profile provides an inspirational appearance while increasing its height for...
- A new addition to the G family of fairway woods, the lightweight hosel design is engineered with the same mass and outer diameter as our fixed hosels to unlock the benefits of adjustability without...
The G series from Ping has always been popular amongst golfers because of its ability to create high distance shots with an excellent accuracy. Yet again, they have done a remarkable work at their new G30 version of fairway woods.
The new Turbulator Technology increases the airflow around the golf wedge and improve the aerodynamics so that you can take your shots with more accuracy. Its durable body is built from 475 Carpenter steel that gives it 44% more strength and ruggedness. With one year Ping premium warranty you do not have to worry about a little bit about its performance if something happen just contact Ping and they will take care of everything. In this model, Ping has also improved its CG that allows you to take higher shots with ease. The fairway head is designed a little bit heavier at the sweet point to maintain the balance of shaft. It gives golfers maximum forgiveness & trajectory, thanks to its trajectory tuning + technology. It comes in blue-white and blue-black color in glossy finish as well as metallic that will definitely give you a premium feel.
- Best aerodynamics performance
- Well balanced shaft and low center of gravity
- A little on the heavier side