A vast percentage of golf professionals have started playing with blade irons. Blade irons are not for everyone but the majority of golfers like it because of various reasons.
Irons are used in various situations on the golf course. Tee boxes, fairways, rough, hazards, bunkers, and the fringes of greens should be considered when choosing which iron set you want to play. Professionals end up opting for best blade irons because the softer material from its forged head ensures enhanced versatility in each of these playing positions.
Top 10 Blade Irons of 2020
1. TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set
- Forged Hollow Body Construction: Specially designed to deliver explosive distance and forgiveness
- SpeedFoam: Ultralight urethane foam to push the design limits of face speed
- Low Profile Tungsten Weighting: LPTW designed for a lower CG and higher launch
- Thru Slot Speed Pocket: Thru Slot, Speed Pocket to maximize ball speeds
- Progressive I C T: Technology iron designed to improve accuracy and protect off-center ball speed
TaylorMade is a trusted brand in the golf industry. TaylorMade presents this Golf P790 Iron Set to improve your performance with it’s the best technology. The ultralight urethane foam improves the feel which is injected inside the head engineered to push the design limits of face speed while simultaneously enhancing feel.
The body construction forged hollow body construction which consists of a thin, wrap around forged 4140 faces. Its soft carbon steel, specially designed to deliver explosive distance and forgiveness. Its design helps you in the higher launch with new low profile tungsten weight intended for a lower CG and higher launch.
Features patented Progressive Inverted Cone Technology( P.I.C.T) strategically located in each iron. Its technology is proven to improve the protection of off-centre ball speed and accuracy. This blade iron is a little bit expensive, but the quality and performance makes it worth the price.
2. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Pro Individual Iron
- Industry-leading Ball Speeds: Artificial Intelligence iron to create a significant boost in ball speed.
- Optimal launch: This promotes optimum launch and ball flight through the set from strong lofts.
- Unprecedented Feel: Patented urethane micro-spheres to comprehensively absorb unwanted vibration for pure feel.
- Available in 3 Different Models: Mavrik Standard, Mavrik Max and Mavrik Pro for a better player profile.
- Flash Face Cup Technology
It is the first artificial Intelligence iron by Callaway. A sophisticated face architecture that’s unique to every loft. You can create a significant boost in ball speed with its advanced architecture. Callaway golf 2020 Mavrik Pro individual iron is providing industry-leading ball speeds. The custom tungsten-infused weights in each iron allow us to locate the position of the CG in each metal with extraordinary precision.
This blade iron provides optimum launch and ball flight through the set. Flash face cup technology delivers high performance with Tungsten energy core. If you are looking for different model categories like the same improvement, super game improvement and compact class, then this is for you.
Available in Mavrik Iron Family: 3 Different Models – Mavrik Standard for fits more players profile, Mavrik Max for maximum launch & forgiveness and Mavrik Pro for a better player profile.
3. Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge iron
- HOLLOW-CAVITY DESIGN: The perimeter distributes additional weight which offers more forgiveness at impact.
- DYNAMIC SOLE: Three different sole grinds, Sole grinds deliver more versatility to execute any shot on the course.
- Enhanced Feel Balancing Technology: Enhanced Feel Balancing Technology reduces vibration for a pure feel at impact with a GelbackTPU.
- ROTEX FACE – Fourth generation Rotex Face technology delivers our sharpest Tour Zip Grooves and most aggressive face milling for maximum spin and short game control.
- MOI for a whole new level of short game forgiveness
Cleveland Men’s CBX2 Wedge iron is specially designed to give you a fantastic feeling. It has a hollow cavity design near the heel with heavier weight in the toe to maximize stability and perimeter weighting for forgiveness—V-shaped sole on 46A-52A lofts.
Dynamic sole(C-shaped) grinds are specialized by loft which provides the versatility you need to execute any short game shot. Its design is a hollow-cavity design. The feel of this blade iron is impressive. It’s enhanced feel balancing technology vibration for a pure feel at impact.
The 60 degree CBX2 has 10 degrees of bounce. Rotex face has fourth-generation Rotex face technology delivers most aggressive face milling for maximum spin and short game control.
4. Callaway Golf Men’s Rogue (X) Individual Iron
- More Ball Speed: 360 Face Cup + VFT for more Ball Speed
- Control: MIM’d Internal Standing Wave for Optimal Flight and Control
- Amazing Feel: Urethane Micro-spheres for Great Feel
- Plus Point: The Ultimate Distance Iron
- Tungsten Weighting for Optimal Flight and control
- Urethane Micro-spheres for Phenomenal Sound and Feel
This iron is on golf digest hot list and a gold medal winner iron from Callaway. Rogue X irons focus is in distance and comes with 360 Face Cup and VFT for distance .
This excellent blade iron comes with multi-material construction. Urethane Micro-spheres – The upside of a thin club face is faster ball speed and more distance. The downside is extreme vibration that generates an unpleasant sound and feels. It can also significantly reduce the face’s ability to flex.
Its component package is designed for maximum distance. Various flex options, they are available in steel and graphite. It is like a driving iron. Great distance. 360 Face Cup technology with variable face thickness (VFT) technology to expand the portion of the face that delivers fast ball speed.
Very forgiving – easy to get airborne and accurate. We recommend them as game improvement clubs. We highly recommend it to any golfer.
5. Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set
- Turbocharged face: HB Turbo iron high strength steel face that is thinner and hotter for increased ball speeds.
- Construction: Hollow construction, fully hollow construction along with internal stabilizing ribs, provides ultimate forgiveness.
- High ball flight: The redesigned HI Bore Crown features low, deep weighting to produce an easy to hit, top ball flight.
- Progressive hollow shaping: progressive shaping provides a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons.
Are you having trouble hitting the ball straight? If yes, these irons help you correct. Cleveland golf launcher Turbo HB iron is made of a hollow construction. Its fully hollow structure along with internal stabilizing ribs provides ultimate forgiveness.
Available in regular, senior and still flex. Hi bore crown design, its redesigned HI Bore crown feature deep, low weighting to produce an easy to hit, high ball flight. The shape is a progressive hollow and it provide a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to iron-like short irons.
Forgiveness where you need it and control where you want it. HB turbo on features a turbocharged and high strength steel face. High strength steel face is thinner and hotter for increased ball speeds and explosive distance.
6. Wilson Staff Golf Men’s D7 Irons
- Thin Face: the delicate face is more responsive for maximum distance
- Power Holes: Especially for maximum distance
- Optimal Weighting: it provides you with a proper high ball flight
- Improved Feel: Its smooth and quality material with good design for a fantastic feeling
- Sold as a seven-piece set
- Progressive Power Holes
- Performance Iron Aesthetic: With straighter lines, a cleaner top line and improved weighting
Wilson Staff Men’s D7 Irons made with REAKT Technology. REAKT technology puts power where you need it most. It is specially designed for optimal weighting and precise distance control to help you play your best.
It has an ultra-thin face Iron which is hot and responsive for longer distance and better feel at impact. It will provide you with all the benefits of super game improvement technology. It has progressive power holes. These irons are ideal for the distance player. Thinnest face and Highest MOI for the longest, straightest distance ever in a Wilson iron.
A cleaner top line, and improved weighting to combine the look of a players iron with all the benefits. Its thin face is more responsive for maximum distance. Wilson golf is a Trusted brand, 100 years in the golf industry. Its technology is smart, simple and never overdone—technology made for long and short game moments.
7. Cobra Golf F9 Men’s Speedback One Length Iron Set
- Design: High Moi Design increasing inertia and stability for the best combination of distance and forgiveness.
- Low CG Speed back Sole: Delivering a more in-depth and lower CG that launches to maximize distance and increases ball speed.
- Forged E9 PowerShell Face: Expands the SWEET ZONE area on the face
- CNC Milled Face and Grooves: Utilizing a precise manufacturing process typically found only in forged players iron
The Cobra Golf F9 speedback one length irons are engineered to simplify your game. These irons reduce variables in your swing to increase consistency and accuracy. It’s a one length configuration allows you to use one repeatable setup and swing through the set.
In short, repeatable structure and swing results in more consistency and accuracy. It was designed with forged F9 Powershell face and low CG speed back sole. Co Molded Medallion offers the best in class feel. CNC milled face & grooves. The design is a high MOI design with tungsten.
It has continuous hosel lengths. The look is proven suitable for expanding the sweet zone to increase distance on off-center hits. Design Increasing MOI for maximum higher inertia, distance, stability, substantial improvements in ball speed and forgiveness.
Best for professionals and newbie golfers. If you want to get a better feel, then this iron set is a perfect match for you. It’s an affordable blade iron which is a quality product
8. Mizuno T20 Golf Blade Iron
- Hydro flow micro-grooves: Helps in a channel away moisture for a maximum spin in wet conditions
- Tapered Blade: The weight placed high for increased spin and vertical stability from off-centre strikes
- Grain flow forged HD: Increases grain density in the impact area for a solid, the ultimate soft, consistent feel
- Precise CNC milled grooves
- Dynamic gold Tour issue: Premium Components include a compelling gold Tour issue S400 wedge shaft, Golf Pride grip. 60 round grip
Mizuno presents T20 golf wedges to make your play easy and enjoyable. Its blade looks real clean and classic. Best iron material makes it more powerful, which offers a better feel. This wedge blade iron comes in two finishes. You will probably find a better feel and consistent strike from this product.
Mizuno is a trusted and gamechanger brand in the golf product industry. Its made of premium product that includes a dynamic gold tour issue S400 wedge shaft and also had a Golf Pride grip. Grain flow forged HD to increase grain density in impact area for the ultimate softness.
It is stable and well designed. These wedges are good-looking and provide proper highball flights. Don’t reminisce too much; just grab this perfect wedge for your golf life. Hydro flow micro-grooves which helps channel away moisture for a maximum spin in wet condition.
9. Callaway Golf Men’s Rogue Individual Iron
- More Speed Ball: 360 Face Cup + VFT for more Ball Speed
- Proper Control: MIM’d Internal Standing Wave for Optimal Flight and Control
- Best Feel: Urethane Micro-spheres for Great Feel
- Rogue Performance Package
- Very forgiving and great solid fee
Callaway golf men’s rogue individual iron is the best combination of distance and speed. It provides perfect accuracy and play ability. Urethane micro-spheres are best for a great feel. Face Cup technology(FCT) with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) technology to expand the portion of the face that launches high ball flight delivers fast ball speed.
360 Face Cup and VF technology for flexes and releases at impact to increase ball speed. This iron is different from other blade irons because of its multi-material construction and urethane micro-spheres.
This iron is perfect. easy to put the club on the ball. It is an excellent pitch club. The urethane used to dampen vibration to improve feel and sound. Urethane also dramatically reduces the face’s ability to flex, lowering. Available in 6 different configurations. Two staff materials – synergy 60G and genuine temper XP 95 steeples steel.
10. TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons
- Speed Bridge: Revolutionary Speed Bridge technology for forgiveness with improved feel and sound
- ECHO Damping System: Designed with energy channelling geometry to deliver better feel.
- Speed Pocket: Patented TaylorMade technology, specially engineered to maximize face flexibility.
- Ultra-Thin Face: Ultra thin 1. 5mm face designed to promote a straighter ball flight
- Progressive Inverted Cone Technology: Promoting a straighter ball flight
TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons are the best irons in technology and design. We found that a lot of golf professionals love its revolutionary speed bridge technology. Its technology strategically supports the topline of the metal to unlock explosive distance and forgiveness with improved sound and feel.
Speed bridge makes it more stable. ECHO Damping system design delivering better feel without sacrificing face flexibility. You will be blown away by the performance of these TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons. I
t makes you able to drive the ball significantly farther. These clubs are considerably lighter and have much less resistance in each swing. These clubs are specially designed to deliver reliable performance. It is made from patented TaylorMade technology which is engineered to maximize face flexibility for forgiveness on flat face strikes and increased ball speed.
The face is ultra-thin(1.5mm), design with Progressive Inverted Cone Technology delivers extreme ball speed across the face with an enhanced sweet spot designed to promote a straighter ball flight.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
How to choose the best blade irons?
Generally, golf professionals used blade irons for many reasons (blade irons are not for everyone). In the above sections, we shortlisted top 10 best blade irons for you! All the products are tested by our product review team and are the best.
Here are some points to consider while buying the best blade iron:
- Is this iron providing high ball flight
- Blade iron technology’s
- Always compare its price with quality
- Thin Face
Why are blade irons so hard to hit?
If you have any issue and problem while hitting a ball shot then do not really worry about it because blade irons are not for everyone. That is because these blade irons have thin faces which are specially designed to get straight shots. These irons are favored by golf professionals because of its feel, material and overall game improvement. Blade iron design and material make it different from other cavity back irons available in the market. We advise you to practice hitting with blade irons and learn from golf professionals.
Are blade irons good for beginners?
Beginners are always confused about cavity backs and blades. The answer is simple: The blade irons are for everyone (every level player), but honestly, every golfer is not using blade irons because of some reasons. This totally depends on your comfort level and your plan to take your game to the next level. If you’re playing perfectly with cavity back then go for cavity backs. Always try both because it will give you information about your comfort with different clubs, blade irons as well as cavity backs.