It’s been proven that the way sunscreen protects your skin, golf glasses can protect your eyes without impacting your visibility of the greens and the ball.
Since there are so many golf sunglasses available in the market it is actually difficult to find the best one based on your needs. Here, we’ve tried to make your job easier by listing down the best sunglasses for golf along with their reviews by creating this in depth buying guide
Lookout for the following before your buy
- UV protection: Always opt for lenses with 100% UV protection from UVA/UVB rays. This protection is a standard today and important for your eyes
- Non Polarized Lenses: Are the best for golf as they will not distort your depth perception during play
- Wearability: Golf sunglasses that helps you wear and forget, is ideally what you should be looking at. Shades should fit close enough to your face to avoid sunlight from sides, above and bottom.
- Lens Color: The lens color should be such to block high amounts of blue light to heighten contrast and visual acuity. Particularly useful to improve contrast on grass and against blue skies. The best colors are dark amber, brown and copper
- Styling: Good styling will enhance your overall personality boosting confidence in your game. A premium price is justified for the overlook of the golf glasses
7 Best Sunglasses for Golf
1. Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket XLJ Sunglasses
- Oakley's Plutonite Lenses offer top UV Protection filtering 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm. Oakley’s lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort,...
- Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle.
- O Matter stress-resistant frame is lightweight & durable for all-day comfort & protection. Oakley’s injection molded thermoplastic O-Matter frame provides improved strength & flexibility over...
- Interchangeable lens system designed to optimize performance in any environment. (Extra lenses sold separately).
Oakley a premium brand has come up with a range of sunglases for golf. They are no doubt great looking glasses that are made with a plastic frame with metal stems which is extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear during your play on course. The sunglasses come with non polarized lenses and have 100% UV protection.
The Flak Jacket maintains clear vision as it features Hydrophobic, a permanent lens coating that prevents rain and sweat from building up on the lens. It also repels skin oils and other contaminates, so the lens is smudge resistant and easy to keep clean
Comes with case, microbag and 2 nosepads that can be switched for the one that gives you the best fit. The three point fit frame holds the lenses securely. Overall the frame fits in such a way that they stay in place on your face during play – which is a very important factor when you swing the ball.
Available in a variety of colors to suit your requirements. If you can handle the price of $150 – these are the best sunglasses for golf
2. Nike Show X2 Pro
- Frame color: black
- Lens color: grey/orange blaze
- Nike Max optics which offer precise visual information at all angles of view
- Pro cut flying lens expands coverage
Nike a leading manufacturer of sport equipment comes with an an innovative pro-cut lens with Nike MAX Optics, a patented technology that amplifies the white of the ball and enhances the contours of the green. The Nike X2 pro flying lenses are 100% UV protected and delivers precise visual information at all angles of view in a deep lens cut enhancing coverage to the maximum
The lightweight nylon frame is fully adjustable, lightweight and extremely comfortable during use. It has secure-wrap temples and a ventilated, adjustable nose bridge for fog-free comfort and stability.
Priced at around $120, the Nike show X2 pro comes in a variety of frame and lens colors to pick the one suits you the best.
3. Under Armour Men’s Igniter Sunglasses
- Quality lens designed to protect your eyes in even the toughest situations
- Extensive sun protection designed for outdoorsman
- Durable, Tough, Rigid Materials used in all Under Armor Eye wear
These Under Armour sports sunglasses are made of polymer lenses which are 100% UV protected which makes them great for golf. The ArmourFusion frame technology which combines Titanium and Grilamid is lightweight and comfortable during use
The nosepad is adjustable to provide maximum comfort and a secure fit. Under Armour designed these impact resistance sunglasses for high speed motion activities so they will stay on your face no matter how fierce your swing.
Comes in a variety of frame and lens colors. Overall, the Under Armour Igniter Sport Sunglasses are good buy for the price of $80
4. Tifosi Jet Wrap Sunglasses
- Shatterproof, optically decentered polycarbonate lenses
The Nylon frame is made from TR-90 which is made up of a material that is bendable so that they are less likely to break from sudden ground shocks. The polycarbonate non polarized lenses offer 100% UV protection against the sun glare. The anti slip nose and temple pads ensure these golf sunglasses stick to your face during your swings.
These sunglasses for golf are great looking with superior styling. These golf glasses come in a variety of frame and lens colors. Priced at just $30, the Tifosi Jet Wrap sunglasses offers you total value for your money as it gives you complete bang for your buck.
Just keep in mind that they are designed for small to medium sized faces. So, you may want to look out for different alternatives if you have a larger face.
5. JiMarti JM01 Sunglasses
- Unbreakable, Bendable, Super light weight TR90 memory Frame
- Polycarbonate Shatterproof Reflector Flash lens
- Active fit for active people. Soft Rubber Nose & ear Pieces for all day comfort
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Although very basic in looks and its features, the JiMarti JM01 features in our best sunglasses for golf list as it offers complete value for your buck. Made from TR-90 material, these golf sunglasses are shockproof making it almost unbreakable during normal use. The company that manufactures these glasses are so confident of their product that they go ahead and offer lifetime breakage warranty on frame & lens – which is actually a big deal!
These sunglasses are extremely lightweight to a point where you actually forget that you’re wearing them. The non-polarized polycarbonate lens offers UV400 protection, which means it filters out 99-100% of UVA and UVB light with wavelengths up to 400nm.
The JiMarti JM01 Sunglasses come in a variety of frame/lens colors. They’re priced at $30 and they just may be the most comfortable golf sunglasses that you’ve ever worn considering the price
6. Callaway Series Fairway Sport Sunglasses
- Exclusive neox lens technology provides the most accurate visual performance along with advanced solar protection
- Super lightweight structured tr90 grilamid design
- Reduced weight and increased coverage with secure, comfortable non-slip fit
- Case Included
Made from the leading manufacturer of golfing equipment, the callaway series sport sunglasses is what we would call classis style golf glasses that would ideally suit any face. The frame is very light weight, comfortable and is unbreakable since it is made out of the TR90 material.
The lenses feature a NEOX which is a photocromic technology that provides the most accurate visual performance for your game by adjusting itself to various lighting conditions. These non polarized 100% UV protected lenses are just ideal for the game of golf
Priced at $90 this is a tad bit higher when compared to the rest, but you can be rest assured that you’re going for a premium brand in the world of golfing equipment. Available in a variety of lens and frame colors
7. Nike Tailwind 12 Sunglasses
- Nike max lens technology
- Optical clip-in available to easily add your Rx
- Adjustable ventilated nose
- Secure wrap temple arms for stability and comfort
Although used for running, these featured in the best sunglasses for golf list as these meet all the requirements of golf glasses.
The frame is super lightweight, comfortable and will fit securely on your face even during your most powerful drives. Runners find these extremely comfortable and secure while running distances of 10+ miles.
The lens is 100% UV protected along with being non polarized which will not distort your vision during your round of play. The Nike Max optics technology offer precise visual information at all angles of view. The fly lenses which is actually a small gap between the lens and the frame ensures that your lenses will never really fog up in any situation.
Priced at around $75, these glasses comes in a black frame with grey color tints which may just be ideal for your game of golf