Are you looking to buy the best golf travel bag for your golf travels. When you explore the market, you will realize that some are expensive, others are cheap. The most important thing for a travel golfer who loves playing in different courses across the world – is to figure out how to safely and securely transport their golf clubs with them. It makes a lot of sense to spend your money on this piece of golf equipment as your entire
The ones that we have selected based on our reviews below are definitely not cheap, but they will get your clubs to your destination in one piece. They will be able to withstand the beating from the airport baggage folks without causing any damage to your golf clubs. So, without wasting a lot of time – lets look at our recommendations of the best golf travel bags in the market.
Best Golf Travel Bag – Our Recommendations
|Image||Golf Travel Bag||Type of Bag|
|Sun Mountain 2016 Clubglider Meridian||Soft||Check Price|
|Club Glove Last Bag Pro Golf Travel Bag||Soft||Check Price|
|OGIO Golf 2017 Straight Jacket Travel Bag||Soft||Check Price|
|SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case||Hard||Check Price|
|Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover Case||Hard||Check Price|
Best Golf Travel Bag Reviews
1. Sun Mountain 2016 Clubglider MeridianSun Mountain has all you need from a good travel golf bag and more. The fabric used to build to bag is a ballistic style nylon which makes the bag very sturdy and grand looking. The plastic tray at the base adds durability to the entire unit
The extra two wheels (that turn 360 degrees) take some of the pressure off and makes wheeling around a breeze through hotels and airports very easily. Dragging a bag from your car to a hotel or around the airport is not easy, but this bag makes the experience a lot more easier and better
Priced at around $300, for all the features this makes the best golf travel bag in the market
- Extraordinary product which allows movement of golf clubs through airports and hotels simply and easily
- The only drawback is that the main zipper is not designed for a lock, not a deal breaker though
2. Club Glove Last Bag Pro Golf Travel Bagclub glove is the “last” travel bag you will purchase that comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This golf travel bag comes with a high impact wheel base that shields the bottom of the bag and offers excellent maneuverability. The bag is made from cordura water resistant nylon, has YKK zippers and comes with an extra padded handle at the top and bottom. The bag is large enough to accommodate clubs as long as 47 inches and available in a variety of colors such as black, navy, hunter green, khaki, burgundy, red, clay, blue, and more
Priced at around $320, it does makes an expensive purchase – but its totally worth every penny spent
- This bag has room for everything. It is great, solid and worth the price
- None that need a mention here. The bag really has it all
3. OGIO Golf 2017 Straight Jacket Travel Bag
Ogio weighs 7.6 lbs and has a fully padded top that protects your clubs from being jostled through the airport on smooth urethane wheels. The fully padded top protects your items from being jostled, and while you’re rolling through the airport on the smooth urethane wheels. The construction is stable but will not be as durable as the ones above. But since it’s a bit lighter, you can pack some extra shoes in. The bag has the same protective features as you would expect in golf travel bag – reinforced base, padded top, and secure zippers. The bag can handle a beating without backing down to the wear and tear of travel
Priced at around $150, its the cheapest option around in the market for full fledged golf travel bag
- One of the cheaper options available in the market with all features
- May not be as sturdy and durable as the ones mentioned above
4. SKB Deluxe ATA Golf Travel CaseSKB is hard type case that is made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene. This material is so durable and strong that it helps keep your clubs safe and secure while literally being thrown around by the baggage handlers. SKB’s perfect match valance bending system provides a tight fit that prevents just about anything from getting into the case. The locking system is TSA accepted and recognized.
The golf travel bag is huge to accommodate most of your equipment and even a lot of apparel that you may need during your game. For the price, its one of the best hard golf cases out there in the market.
This golf travel bag comes with SKB’s unparalleled million-mile guarantee and $1,500 club coverage
- Made from Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene – the same material required by the U.S. military for cases and containers
- Some customers have complained of the wheel being easily damaged, but with SKBs customer support – this should not be a problem
5. Samsonite Golf Hard Sided Travel Cover CaseSamsonite is made from solid ABS that ensures protection of your golf equipment during travel. The inner of the hard case features a padded quilted interior with extra foam cushioning on top to protect club heads. The 4 multi directional spinner wheels ensure that the entire unit can rotate 360 degrees, if required. In addition to the 4 wheels, comes with 2 in-line skate wheels which allows the case to be pushed or pulled very easily.
Comes with internal compression straps to ensure the golf bags are placed surely inside. The hard case cover can easily accommodate golf clubs up to 46 inches long and a 10.5 inch wide golf bag
Priced at around $199, the hard case cover is well thought out and comes in a robust design thereby meeting its requirement of secure and efficient golf travel.
- It is roomy, hard, easy to roll and not heavy. The 4 wheels really help during movement
- Because of its length, it may be difficult to get it in a regular sized car trunk
Best Golf Travel Bag under $100
Are you looking for cheaper alternatives to protect your clubs during travel? Well, we have listed down the best golf travel bags under $100. These travel covers will generally be soft bags which may not be as durable as the ones mentioned above, but of course will perform well – may leave you surprised. Lets look at some the best golf travel bag under $100
1. CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel CoverCaddyDaddy has been a manufacturer of exceptional golf travel bags, golf bags and premium golf accessories for over 15 years. The Constrictor 2 Golf Bag Travel Cover from them can easily accommodate 10″ inch golf bags. The easy rolling easy in-line skate wheels make sure your experience of going through an airport a complete breeze. It is very well padded on top to provide superior protection to your golf heads. The 2 internal and external straps hold your belongings easily and are easy to lock.
Its made from thick Nylon material and very easily collapsible. The company offers a 100% 1 year full bag replacement warranty. Overall a good buy below $100
- Weighs only 9 pounds. Can stuff a lot of your golf apparels along with your golf bag without being really very big in size
- Breaking of wheels may be a problem after continued use. Since, its made of Nylon – it may tear of if used roughly
2. AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
One of the downsides to this bag is that it does not have an internal compression strap which will mean that your clubs and other equipment will move during transport. You will need to secure your clubs, other equipment which clothes, towels etc
The price point is really very attractive and may be apt for those who don’t want to spend too much on a golf travel bag
- Very spacious and roomy. Can easily accommodate medium size golf bags. Padding on top is super thick
- There just isn’t enough padding to keep the clubs safe if another piece of luggage rams into it
3. Intech Golf Travel Cover with Wheels
- The bag is sturdy and roomy. Its made of decent material that offers club protection
- If you’re travelling with a top-end set we would probably recommend a firm case
Golf Travel Bag Buying Guide
When deciding to buy the best golf travel bag, you need to consider a lot of external factors like where you play, how you play and what you need on the course. If golf trips is a one-off case, a soft cover may be just the thing you need. On the contrary, if you are traveling to a new course every weekend, you will likely want the extra protection a hard bag provides.
But durability is not the only factor to consider when choosing a travel golf bag. A serious golfer knows that a round of golf requires more than clubs. Your golf bag travel case should be spacious and organized enough to hold other necessary gear and apparel that you may use on course.
You will also want to consider the weight of the bag and the various airline restrictions – if it is heavy before you add your clubs and other items, it will be even heavier when it is fully stocked. Recommended reading: Airline Rules for Traveling with Golf Clubs