Do you want to know about the best golf balls for beginners? You’ve come to the right place as we’ve compiled a list after in-depth reviews of the various golf balls available in the market
If you’ve recently got into the game of golf and are learning the ropes, you probably want to try to get as much practice as possible. To do that, you’re definitely going to need the right golf balls, and not just any balls lying at the range. Beginners need to play with a different type of ball from those that are used by professionals.
Golf balls used by professionals often feature special technology that you won’t be able to use or master when you’re only starting out. Thereby, the importance of best golf balls for beginners.
Table of Contents
- Look for these while buying golf balls for beginners:
- 7 Best Golf Balls for Beginners
Look for these while buying golf balls for beginners:
- Layers and compression levels – Golf balls are generally distinguished by the no. of layers and compression levels. The balls which has more no. of layers produces a higher level of spin. The ball which has lesser layers (2-3) means lesser spin but greater distance. For beginners, it’s best to opt for 2 layered golf balls as they give you distance which ends up giving you a confidence boost. Lower compression balls are also better for beginners, as they are softer feeling, and go farther
- Price – There is no really great reason to spend a lot of money on golf balls when you’re just starting out. As a beginner, you’re sure to lose many during your practice sessions as your shots will be inconsistent. So, opt for the cheaper ones till you make your game better
7 Best Golf Balls for Beginners
1. Wilson Titanium Ball (18 Ball Pack)
The Wilson Titanium ball is a two-piece ball is designed for distance. It’s made of a titanium core that allows for maximum energy transfer on impact, helping the ball travel far and straight every time you play a shot. This 18 ball pack is very affordable and is available is an only-white color. It makes a great starter ball but not after you learn how to work a pitching wedge
2. Pinnacle Gold Golf Ball (15pk Yellow)
Although you might not have heard of Pinnacle, it is one brand under Titliest – the leader is manufacturing golfing equipment. This gold golf ball has a super bright yellow color that that is highly visible in the fairway. They are a made for distance, straight and long drives. They’re the prefect golf balls for beginners
3. Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
4. Nike Golf PD Long Golf Balls
The golf ball from Nike has a modified high-lift with 314 dimple aerodynamics. The Nike balls provide a longer distance, while the balls have a softer feel off the club face
5. Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball
The Srixon Soft Feel Golf Ball was specifically designed for golfers with slower swing speeds. The 2-piece, low compression, super soft core will allow you to hit higher, and farther while maintaining a soft feel. The Srixon Soft Feel comes in yellow, or white. You can definitely be guaranteed longer drives, straighter drives and more accurate chipping with this ball.
The bright yellow color works particularly well during your play early in the day or twilight as they become the easiest to spot on course
6. Wilson Ultra 500 Distance Golf Balls
Another great beginner golf ball from Wilson is the Ultra 500 Golf Balls. These two-piece golf balls are all about distance. They feature a titanium core and a cut proof cover to help distribute the force of your swing evenly throughout the ball and reduce backspin for a longer drive.
The outer layer is also very durable….ultra durable some may say. For just about $1/ball, these are very affordable and easily is the best golf balls for beginners
7. Used Golf Balls
Do you really care about your money? Do you want to focus on improving your game and not on losing balls. You can surely look at buying some second-hand golf balls. They generally come in large packs of 50, and are extremely cheap at around 50 cents or less per ball!
Various brand like Nike, Callaway, Bridgestone and Titliest are the good ones you can opt for. Second hand golf balls is one of the most cost-efficient ways to learn the game. The best part about these balls you may end up with a pack of really very good ones that may surprise you