Best beginner golf clubs is the foremost and most significant thing required when one wishes to play golf. A golf club is what basically makes it a unique sport as it allows you to explore different variety of clubs when playing this unique game. Most beginners believe that one can only play with a single club, which is not true. For a versatile game, one may use all kinds of clubs.
There are so many golf club sets available out there when it comes to buying golf clubs it may overwhelm a new golfer to try and figure out what clubs are right for them. You’ll be better off investing in the right clubs that matches your current skill level which allows you to gradually improve your game. We aim to solve that for you and this buying guide will help you with that, as we show you the best golf clubs for beginners.
Table of Contents
- 5 Best Beginner Golf Clubs
- How to Choose Best Beginner Golf Clubs?
5 Best Beginner Golf Clubs
1. Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Club Set (12-Piece)
When it comes to trusted golf club manufacturers, Callaway is one of the leading ones. This Strata 12 piece club set is designed according to the comfort and ease of a beginner. It comes with everything, the driver, woods, wedges and putter. All the equipment is high quality, ensuring best possible performance. Furthermore, the bag it comes with is unique, suitable enough to store your valuables.
- Driver: It comes with a 460cc driver with a huge sweet spot.
- Fairway woods: The 3-wood is as forgiving as the driver, with an aerodynamic shape which allows high and long flying shots
- Irons/Wedges: It also comes with stainless steel wedges providing a perfect combination of control and forgiveness
- Hybrids: Having a good Hybrid is the perfect gift to a golfer. The hybrids comes with high quality long irons
- Putter: The T-Style aligned putter ensures perfect accuracy
The set comes with a good looking golf carry bag with protection features from Callaway. It is surely an affordable set of gold club, most recommended for beginners. The clubs ensure a good hit along with being lightweight and durable. Being a 12 piece set, a sand wedge is not available so you may have to invest again if you’re looking for one.
2. Callaway Men’s Strata Ultimate Complete Golf Set, 18-Piece
For beginners having trouble accessing the ball or hitting a swift swing with the sand trap, this may be your product. The 18 piece Callaway set is an affordable, top quality golf club set which comes with everything a beginner may need. The set includes six irons, a driver, two hybrids and two wood
- Putter: This is a typical putter manufacturing of the company with the same quality accuracy
- Iron: Six irons that increase your flexibility and handling within a few games
- Hybrids: There are two hybrids (5H and 4H) with forgiveness, flexibility and accuracy
- Fairway Woods: There are two fairway woods 5W and 3W of stainless steel with lightweight graphite shafts which ensure long distance and rapid swing shots
- Driver: It comes with a 460cc driver
- Bag: Unique style easy to carry bag
Overall the clubs have an amazing grip that will offer you better control and will be easy on your hands. The driver with this set performs really well and has all the clubs that a new golfer requires. The set is very affordable and comes with a good quality bag from Callaway. One thing to keep in mind is that if you’re brand conscious, the bag does not come with a Callaway logo.
3. Wilson Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set
Wilson is one of the most regarded golf set brand in the market. All the clubs by Wilson have a unique design with absolutely super performance. Any new golfer can easily enhance skills within no time. The stand bag has smart pockets that allow easy transportations of the clubs.
- Setup: The 14 piece bag comes with 3 woods, a driver, Iron 5-PW, a putter and 4 hybrids and therefore is a full bag for the beginners
- Materials: The wood and driver come with graphite shafts, ensuring dependability and durability
- Irons and hybrids come with steel shaft for better control and strength
- Putter: Putter comes with a new gain precision to improve skill
- Stand bag: Ergonomic bad with high durability
This is a complete golf set with clubs of standard size that ensures quality and durability with a rapid swing. The clubs are all about distance. The hybrids are made brilliantly and perform exceptionally. The bag is a backpack style carry bag and has tons of pockets to fit everything the golfer will need for a full day on the course. The set does not include a sand wedge, so you may need to purchase one separately.
4. Pinemeadow PRE Men’s 16-Piece Complete Golf Set
Pinemeadow golf club set is popular for the number of balls it comes with. The stainless irons, 3-wood and graphite shafts, titanium driver, and the mallet putter add more to its popularity. All the clubs come with a head-cover for added protection.
- Driver: Titanium enhanced driver including a 10.5 degree robust and loft with reliable graphite shaft
- Irons: The 4, 5,6,7,8,9 number wedged irons of stainless steel ensure high performance
- Hybrid: It is 21 degree hybrid which makes it suitable for beginners for better control and shots
- Wood: The 3-woo 15 degree loft shaft is another amazing feature that comes in a low profile, ensuring straight shots
- Putter: the impressive putter aligns all the shots, giving new golfers the confidence they need
- Stand Bag: The stand bag is beautifully designed with several pockets
For the quality of the clubs and the bag that is being given, this bag is very reasonable. Comes with a nice stand bag which has enough pockets to hold your balls, extra clothes, valuables, and the included hood cover which is comfortable to carry as well during your play. The woods are impressive, pre driver is perfect for a golf beginner and the irons are well crafted. These just may be the most forgiving set of clubs that you’ve ever used. They have a very solid feel when hitting the ball. They look and feel good even when just holding them. This just may be the best beginner golf clubs that you were looking for.
5. Wilson Men’s Profile XLS Complete Package Golf Set
The Wilson’s XLS complete package golf set provides all that a golf beginner needs. The high quality clubs include a high launching and trajectory technology. It comes it a lightweight stylized bad which increases mobility.
- Driver: It has a titanium 460cc driver with power weight technology.
- Woods: The woods are stronger and create a balance between fairway and rough playability
- Irons: Irons are robust with perimeter weighting to encourage focusing on sweet spot.
- Sand Wedge: It comes with a sand wedge which is lightweight
- Hybrids: The hybrids have an advance design which makes hitting high easy, encouraging long shots
- Putter: You can easily align putter
- Bag: The bad is lightweight and stylized
The clubs offered as part of this package are large with a very comfortable grip. All the clubs are engineered for a fast and durable swing. The carry bag is lightweight and it features a seven-way padded top to organize and protect the set. All the golf shafts are made from graphite/steel graphite. Graphite shafts are highly recommended as they are not only lighter and durable but they also enhance the swing speed and ease. The 14-degree loft driver may offered in this set may not be useful to the beginners, but may be used over a period of time.
How to Choose Best Beginner Golf Clubs?
1. Understand Your Golf Club Set
It is extremely important for you to understand the components that make up the best beginners golf clubs. Today comprehensive information on beginner’s guide to golf clubs is available online. A basic golf club set generally consists of the following:
- Driver(9.-13 degrees)
- Fairway Wood(15-17 degrees)
- Hybrid (19 – 21 degrees)
- Iron Set (4 – PW, AW or SW)
- Wedge (SW and/or LW)
- Putter (33″, 34″ or 35″ – length is determined by player preference)
The set will include a carry bag and head covers for protection of the clubs. The sets are either 12,14 16 or 18 piece and you can opt for either one depending on your need.
You need to invest on the best golf clubs for beginners based on your budget. If you’re a casual golfer, just about any set will do. On the other hand, if you’re serious about your game and just starting out – a great club set will take you a long way!
That’s our top 5 best beginner golf clubs and there is something to suit every budget and need. It’s always better to be in budget when you’re starting out and move on to the high-end club sets when you’re taking your game to the next level