Did you know that the best sunglasses for golf can actually help protect your eyes from the sun glare during your play. Golf is a visually challenging game and a lot of conditions like lighting, course distances and backgrounds can affect your game. So it is imperative to have a high quality of vision.
It’s been proven that the way sunscreen protects your skin, golf glasses can protect your eyes without impacting your visibility of the greens and the ball.
Since there are so many golf sunglasses available in the market it is actually difficult to find the best one based on your needs. Here, we’ve tried to make your job easier by listing down the best sunglasses for golf along with their reviews by creating this in depth buying guide
Table of Contents
Lookout for the following before your buy
- UV protection: Always opt for lenses with 100% UV protection from UVA/UVB rays. This protection is a standard today and important for your eyes
- Non Polarized Lenses: Are the best for golf as they will not distort your depth perception during play
- Wearability: Golf sunglasses that helps you wear and forget, is ideally what you should be looking at. Shades should fit close enough to your face to avoid sunlight from sides, above and bottom.
- Lens Color: The lens color should be such to block high amounts of blue light to heighten contrast and visual acuity. Particularly useful to improve contrast on grass and against blue skies. The best colors are dark amber, brown and copper
- Styling: Good styling will enhance your overall personality boosting confidence in your game. A premium price is justified for the overlook of the golf glasses
7 Best Sunglasses for Golf
1. Oakley Men’s Flak Jacket XLJ Sunglasses
Oakley a premium brand has come up with a range of sunglases for golf. They are no doubt great looking glasses that are made with a plastic frame with metal stems which is extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear during your play on course. The sunglasses come with non polarized lenses and have 100% UV protection.
The Flak Jacket maintains clear vision as it features Hydrophobic, a permanent lens coating that prevents rain and sweat from building up on the lens. It also repels skin oils and other contaminates, so the lens is smudge resistant and easy to keep clean
Comes with case, microbag and 2 nosepads that can be switched for the one that gives you the best fit. The three point fit frame holds the lenses securely. Overall the frame fits in such a way that they stay in place on your face during play – which is a very important factor when you swing the ball.
Available in a variety of colors to suit your requirements. If you can handle the price of $150 – these are the best sunglasses for golf
2. Nike Show X2 Pro
Nike a leading manufacturer of sport equipment comes with an an innovative pro-cut lens with Nike MAX Optics, a patented technology that amplifies the white of the ball and enhances the contours of the green. The Nike X2 pro flying lenses are 100% UV protected and delivers precise visual information at all angles of view in a deep lens cut enhancing coverage to the maximum
The lightweight nylon frame is fully adjustable, lightweight and extremely comfortable during use. It has secure-wrap temples and a ventilated, adjustable nose bridge for fog-free comfort and stability.
Priced at around $120, the Nike show X2 pro comes in a variety of frame and lens colors to pick the one suits you the best.
3. Under Armour Men’s Igniter Sunglass
These Under Armour sports sunglasses are made of polymer lenses which are 100% UV protected which makes them great for golf. The ArmourFusion frame technology which combines Titanium and Grilamid is lightweight and comfortable during use
The nosepad is adjustable to provide maximum comfort and a secure fit. Under Armour designed these impact resistance sunglasses for high speed motion activities so they will stay on your face no matter how fierce your swing.
Comes in a variety of frame and lens colors. Overall, the Under Armour Igniter Sport Sunglasses are good buy for the price of $80
4. Tifosi Jet Wrap Sunglasses
5. JiMarti JM01 Sunglasses
6. Callaway Series Fairway Sport Sunglasses
Made from the leading manufacturer of golfing equipment, the callaway series sport sunglasses is what we would call classis style golf glasses that would ideally suit any face. The frame is very light weight, comfortable and is unbreakable since it is made out of the TR90 material.
The lenses feature a NEOX which is a photocromic technology that provides the most accurate visual performance for your game by adjusting itself to various lighting conditions. These non polarized 100% UV protected lenses are just ideal for the game of golf
Priced at $90 this is a tad bit higher when compared to the rest, but you can be rest assured that you’re going for a premium brand in the world of golfing equipment. Available in a variety of lens and frame colors