Are you looking to find the best golf swing analyzer to enhance your swing and overall game. Isn’t it great to know that with one small piece of device attached to your club or hand and a smartphone can actually get you real-time data and analysis on each swing. Some of them even allow you to compare your swing with the PGA tour professionals!
Although these golf swing analyzers are far from perfect, they help the average golfer take their swing to the next level when used consistently.
In the world of golf swing analyzers, there are two ways you can go:
- Opt for a device with a lot of instructions – This is suited for individuals who have no idea about terminology like angle of attack, face angle, tempo, club path, release
- Opt for a device with little or no instruction - This is suited for individuals who understand the terminology and want an abundance of data
We thought you should be aware that the best golf swing analyzer will help golfers improve their golf swing in a big way.
Things to look at before buying the best golf swing analyzer
- Ease of Use: The device and app should be easy to use on an ongoing basis. After all, you would not want to end up with a device that is too complicated to use. A good golf swing analyzer is one which will have a very few control buttons on the device. Consider a plug n play
- Data and records: The swing analyzer should track club head speed, swing plane, hand path, tempo, backswing position, hip rotation at a minimum. The more types of data the device can track the more beneficial it will be for the user. It should also store your records for future analysis
- Placement of device: There are devices that are clip onto your golf glove, grip of your club etc. You would need to opt for one depending on your level of comfort
- iOS / Android Compatibility: The golf swing analyzer should be compatible with both Android and IOS phones and tablets
- Budget: These analyzers come in different price ranges, so consider looking at the best golf swing analyzer based on your budget
Best Golf Swing Analyzers
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00PVKG6D4"]||SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer||Attached to Golf Glove||[azrev_link_button asin="B00PVKG6D4" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00GRJCI58"]||Zepp Golf Swing Analyzer||Attached to Golf Glove||[azrev_link_button asin="B00GRJCI58" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00BLYCV38"]||SkyGolf Sky Pro SwingÂ Analyzer||Attached to Shaft of Golf Club||[azrev_link_button asin="B00BLYCV38" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00BQS9CH2"]||Swingbyte 2 Golf Analyzer||Attached to Shaft of Golf Club||[azrev_link_button asin="B00BQS9CH2" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00UNFHKUK"]||Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer||Attached to grip of golf clubs||[azrev_link_button asin="B00UNFHKUK" text="Check Price"]|
|[azrev_link_img asins="B00VTXDAQS"]||Epson M-Tracer Golf Swing Analyzer||Attached to Shaft of Golf Club||[azrev_link_button asin="B00VTXDAQS" text="Check Price"]|
6 Best Golf Swing Analyzer Reviews
1. SwingTalk Golf Swing Analyzer[azrev_img_box asin=”B00PVKG6D4″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00PVKG6D4″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The SwingTalk analyzer from Golfzon is one of the best golf swing analyzer available in the market. The sensor/device can be very easily attached to the grip of any golf clubs that you may use. The device does not weigh much by itself which helps to maintain the weight balance of a club for more natural swings.
This swing analyzer is compatible with iOS 9.0 and android 4.4 and above which makes it easily compatible with most of the phones in the market. The device is connected to your app using the bluetooth technology
The voice feedback function ensures you do not pause your swing practice as it gives you instant tempo and speed feedback so you don’t need to look at your smartphone after each and every swing. This is the only device in the market with an instant voice feedback.
Coming to the data, it captures various data like the tempo of the swing which is the ratio between time spent on the back-swing and time spent on downswing to impact. The Club Speed, Loft Angle, Lie Angle, Shaft lean is just some of the data that is captured by this unit.
The app takes all of this data and comes up with analysis to give you details like address vs impact analysis, backswing top analysis, swing plane analysis and backswing vs downswing. Your swing data can be saved to the swingtalk cloud and you can replay them whenever you want.
When you decode all of this analysis, you will realize that this unit will really help you come up with your best golf swing. This unit is priced at around $170, and is our choice as the best golf swing analyzer in the market!
2. Zepp Golf Swing Analyzer Review[azrev_img_box asin=”B00GRJCI58″ align=”left” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00GRJCI58″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The Zepp golf swing analyzer comes with a small sensor that is easily attached to your golf glove. It is the lightest and probably the easiest of the current Bluetooth sensors to use because you hardly notice that its there on your glove. The sensor is paired with an app very easily that is available on iOS and Android phones
As you swing, the sensor will record thousands of data points along your swing path to help you find out where you need to improve.
This Zepp analyzer provides really shines by providing indepth data and analysis. The statistics screen provides 7 separate pieces of data that make up the golf swing: club speed, club plane, hand plane, tempo, backswing (in degrees), hand speed and hip rotation. After continued usage of this device, the app will take all of your swing statistics, and bundle them up on the app as lab reports.
You can store and easily replay and review your swing in 360° from any angle and even compare your swing directly to PGA Tour Pros in 3D and video. There are pre-loaded videos to enable you to learn from Pros on swing analysis, training tips, and drills. You can easily say that the Zepp provides a whole lot of information to help you improve your golf swing.
The unit is reasonably priced at around $150 and offers you complete bang for your buck
3. SkyGolf Sky Pro Swing Analyzer Review[azrev_img_box asin=”B00BLYCV38″ align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00BLYCV38″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The SkyPro analyzer comes with a small device that actually looks like a USB device which is screwd onto the shaft of your club. The device weighs around 28 grams and is 2 inches long. The device needs to be paired with the app through bluetooth technology on your iOS or android device.
The SkyPro provides a lot of actionable data to improve your swing. After every swing, you can review the 3D path of your club as well as a bunch of numbers related to your swing at certain positions (address, halfway back, top, halfway down, impact). Without any doubt, there is a lot of info to digest!
After each swing, a tab will appear at the top of the screen named “Alerts”. This tab displays 11 pieces of data gathered throughout your swing, the same angles/measurements displayed via the notches on the basic screen. The signature SkyPro feature is groove mode, which allows you to breakdown the swing into it’s individual pieces so you can tackle your faults one at time.
One of negatives of this product is that the android version of the SkyPro app is missing both plane mode and pro tables. Additionally, you would need to shift the device incase your game requires you to change clubs during play
The product is priced at $150 and is feasible for a beginner or a professional looking deeper into the angles and motion of your swing – SkyPro is the way to go
4. Swingbyte 2 Golf Analyzer[azrev_img_box asin=”B00BQS9CH2″ align=”left” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00BQS9CH2″ size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]Very similar to its counterpart skygolf, the swingbyte device is attached on the shaft of your golf club. The device is very light and weighs less than an ounce. The device is paired via bluetooth with an app that is available on iOS and android.
The swingbyte provides a lot of actionable data but without any instructions. So if you are a beginner this device may not be for you as it is ideally aimed at the professional who understands different terminology
The app is clean, intuitive and provides a full 360 degree view of your swing along with the following:
- Club head speed and acceleration
- Your club’s true plane from address to impact
- Club face angle relative to swing path
- Static and dynamic loft and lie at address and impact
- Angle of attack and club path
- Swing tempo
You can store you data on the cloud and review it even when you’re on the move
Priced at around $150, the device is just superb which provides a lot of data without any instructions – hence may be suitable only for the pro
5. Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer
[azrev_img_box asin=”B00UNFHKUK” align=”right” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00UNFHKUK” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The blast golf swing analyzer is very simple to use. The sensor needs to be attached to your grip of your golf clubs which is then connected via the bluetooth technology to the app on the smartphone or tablet to capture your golf swing data. The sensor is made from a waterproof material making it usable in any weather conditions.
This WOW feature of this product is that it captures, analyzes, and helps you improve your game with its automatic recording option that synchronizes with each swing. It’s ability to capture continuous video from your phone/tablet, automatically synchronize with each swing, and then get cut into view-able snippets that are packaged with each swing’s data makes it really effective to practice with because you get video and numerical info for each swing without running back between shots to start/stop video recording.
This analyzer surely does provide accurate information that can be used by pro golfers along with capturing the following metrics:
Putting Metrics: Back Stroke Time, Forward Stroke Time, Total Stroke Time, Tempo, Loft, Lie, Back Stroke Rotation, Forward Stroke Rotation and Rotation Change
Full Swing Metrics, Backswing Time, Downswing Time, Total Swing Time, Swing Tempo, Swing Speed, Blast Factor, Power Index, Efficiency Index, Velocity Direction and Energy Transfer
It’s also interesting to know that they were awarded Golf Digests Best of the 2016 PGA Show. The app is compatible with iOS and Android phones / tablets.
Priced at $150 this analyzer is worth every penny that you will pay
6. Epson M-Tracer Golf Swing Analyzer[azrev_img_box asin=”B00VTXDAQS” align=”left” size=”m”][azrev_link_button asin=”B00VTXDAQS” size=”s” bg-color=”#f1511b” text-color=”#ffffff” text=”Check Price”][/azrev_img_box]The Epson M-Tracer golf swing analyzer has been endorsed by David Leadbetter, the world renowned by golf instructor. The device is lightweight, portable and easily attachable to the shaft of your golf clubs.
The device connects via bluetooth to your smart phone or a tablet. On completion of each swing, the app provides a whole lot of data to help you have a consistent and repeatable golf swing.
The M-Tracer records data at 1000 samples per second, ensuring accuracy to one-tenth of a degree. The app provides a 360-degree, 3D view of your swing path, allowing you to analyze the details of your backswing, downswing and follow-through along with tracking your club head speed, grip speed, lag, maximum speed and estimated carry. The app even lets you control the playback of your swing through the app.
If you are a beginner, you need not be intimidated by all of the golf terminology as the app on your phone will provide a concise and accurate description of what each measurement category means
6 Important Steps To Achieve The Perfect Golf Swing
To people who are new to the world of golf but intend to play the sport, one factor that they should focus on is the perfect golf swing. To mention some other factors such as, golf equipments, the direction of the wind, the golf ball and the player himself, but still the precision of the golf swing will determine the success of failure of the player.
We have a few points that would help you to get your goal of becoming a pro golf player. These are the basics, but where do you think Tiger Woods began
Know what your forces are - Can you attain a certain angle that would give you the perfect golf swing? Do you have a good balance? What about your playing stance? Do you have an agile and highly flexible body that could go with the force of your swing? These are just a few initial questions that you have to answer before you put up the sport.
Training from Professional Coaches - Coaching does wonders. You could either have a one on one or you could start purchasing a few materials that are already available in the market. An example of this stuff is the Tac Tic Golf Trainer. The Tac Tic is much like a personal coach because it adjusts the inaccurate positioning that someone makes on a golf swing. It warns you of your incorrect grip by giving out a click so this would allow you to change the alignment of your wrist. Aside from wrist alignment, it as well betters your swing curve.
Practice, practice and practice – The perfect golf swing is made only through constant practice. Tiger Woods was known to practice even in the worst weathers.
Videos and Training Manuals – Aside from the Tac Tic, additional aids on training for the perfect swing like videos and manuals that you could watch and study. There are youtube channels like the golf fix you could watch to improve your game. But you have always to remember that only studying or watching would just give you the theory of achieving what you actually want to achieve. Practice would quiet be the key at the close of it all.
Other Tips - To have a good back swing, ensure that the force comes from your arms and not from your hands. It should be done in one, clean, sweeping movement.
The down swing, on the other hand, calls for precision in speed. A good advice on this is to pull your left arm coming from the top.
To make a successful sweep, the finish should be done high enough. The main key there is to transfer left. You can tell that you have made a good finish if your right knee is facing the target with your right foot up. Spikes of your shoe should be seen. Your hands should be high up very near your left ear.
Although it is often reported as the perfect golf swing, to have the perfect golf swing is quite mythical. Constant practice would just make you well-situated with a stance that you can eventually work with and are comfortable with. Anyway, it is really important, that you enjoy the golf sport and look forward to do it every time.